“Flying from Heathrow Terminal 5 could not be easier”

Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Flying from Heathrow Terminal 5 could not be easier”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were flying from Terminal 5 at 11am and stayed the previous night leaving our car in the hotel car park. This was an excellent arrangement - not excessively expensive and very convenient. Park on the lower floors and take the lift to the hotel. There are two restaurants and we did not realise this when we booked on a dinner bed and breakfast basis. The other restaurant is French and we would have gone there had we realised. Nothing wrong with the one we were in and the service was excellent.

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor, and despite its nearness to the airport there was no sound.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, October 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

I was delighted to read that your stay with us was wonderful and you found our staff to be attentive and polite, we are glad we were able to facilitate in your onward journey being more relaxed and stress free.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow again in the not too distant future.

Sofitel London Heathrow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,458)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Laporte, Colorado
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed one night on a layover on my way back to the US from Africa. A bit pricey, but worth it for the convenience of staying right at the airport. Room was small but very comfortable and clean; very quiet. Great bathroom!!! with large tub and separate glassed-in shower - perfect for relaxing and refreshing after a long flight! Two restaurants in the hotel - one French and one International. Both very high priced - would have liked a lower cost option since there's really nowhere you can walk to from this location. Ate in the International restaurant - food was excellent as was the service, but spent $99 on dinner which was more than I would have liked to spend. Breakfast was not included in the room price - cost ~$30 which, again, was too much, but the spread was amazing. Everything from plain eggs to japanese breakfast noodle/soup, porridge, breakfast meats, pastries of all kinds, omelets made to order... Check-in and Check-out were quick and efficient. If you have time to go do some sightseeing, you can check your bag for free at the concierge desk if you're a guest at the hotel - nice!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

I was pleased to read that your stay with us was comfortable and you were able to continue your onward journey relaxed and refreshed. I am glad your meal in the restaurant was excellent and you enjoyed your breakfast also.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow again soon.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed October 13, 2013

When checking in i asked for a couple of things and was amazed at the response. Everything was done to my satisfaction and the front desk staff was excellent. Will be using that hotel all the time i need to stop off briefly in London.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, October 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.
I was delighted to read your wonderful comments and I am most pleased that the service you received was excellent.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow again on your next visit to London.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here several times and it is now the only Heathrow hotel I will stay at. Nice and new. Great bathrooms, comfortable beds and the staff is super friendly and accommodating. The rooms are very quiet so you don't hear other guests leaving at 4 am and all throughout the morning heading out to catch early am flights while you want to sleep in. This is usually the case at the other heathrow hotels. The Belle Époque restaurant is good as well. Karol is the nicest waiter and is very knowledgable. An asset to any restaurant! Breakfast is also awesome. Location is great as well as it is attached to T5. If I had one complaint, it would be that it is quite pricey compared to other Heathrow hotels, but you definitely get what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.
I am delighted to read that your several visits to us have been enjoyable and you found your room to be comfortable and bathroom to your liking and our staff friendly and accommodating.

I will pass on your comments to our Food and Beverage Manager who will be thrilled to share them with his team.

Voorhees, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Whenever I have an early morning flight out of Heathrow, I stay at the Sofitel. This allows me to spend the day in whatever continental city I am visiting and taking a late afternoon or early evening flight to LHR. Soundproof even though the hotel is adjacent to runways. Staff and French service are consistently EXCELLENT! Have a glass of wine or beer and a small plate in the bar/bistro.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to read that you found your stay to be so enjoyable and our service and French hospitality consistently excellent.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 13, 2013

No more Hotel Hoppa - no more riding around that bus shuttle! Attached to T5 and wicked nice! So comfy and cozy. Worth the extra money just seconds from baggage claim to the hotel.

Good sized room, comfy bed and sitting area, room service, large modern bath.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank M F

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

It was a pleasure to read that your recent stay with us was such a delight and you loved all aspects of the hotel from the building, your room to the service you received.

Pittsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Please read my profile for my biases.

When I first started coming to London, I would fly into Gatwick. On the way home I would always treat myself to a stay at the Sofitel there, since I could get in the night before, get a good nights sleep in a luxury room, and then simply walk a few hundred meters to the check-in desk.

Unfortunately, I had an incredible bad experience at the Sofitel in the Frankfurt airport and that soured me on the brand to the point I wouldn't stay with them.

Now I find myself quite often with ten to twelve hour layovers at Heathrow due to the timing of my connecting flights. When I just need a room for a couple of hours I usually book at the Yotel in Terminal 4, but on this trip I had to change my flights at the last minute and the Yotel was booked.

A friend of mine who travels through LHR a lot simply raves about this Sofitel. While I am a Marriott patron, the hotels near the airport are either simply average, or in the case of the Renaissance, horrid, plus you have to take the Hopper to get there. Our paths are destined to cross later this week, and since he endured a stay at my request at the Renaissance a few months back, I took his advice and booked an overnight stay at the Sofitel.

Thus, when I found the Yotel to be booked, I decided to get a day room here.

Still with me?

Yes, this hotel is pricey, running more than twice what I'd pay at the Yotel. But it is a much nicer hotel, and slightly more convenient.

Day rooms are available from 8:00 to 18:00 and seem to run about 60% of the cost of an overnight room. My flight arrived at 6:30 and due to an upgrade to business class I was able to get through immigration and arrived around 7:30 at reception.

When I went to check in, I was told that no rooms were available and that they wouldn't be until 9:00. Considering that I only had about five hours to spend, the loss of an hour was infuriating. I pointed out that my e-mail confirmation said I could have a room at 8:00 to which the receptionist brusquely pointed out that it wasn't 8:00 yet. I was thinking that I had made a mistake, and it was the Frankfurt Sofitel all over again.

With no options, I went and sat down and accessed the free wi-fi. To my surprise, about 15 minutes later the same receptionist politely informed me that my room was now ready, and I found myself settled in a 7:52 (I checked the clock).

Nice.

The rooms are extremely well appointed and large, and the bed was very comfortable. I was able to get about five hours of sleep in and a nice, hot shower.

Granted, while my stay was short, I am now looking forward to my return later in the week. If price were no matter I would stay here every time coming through LHR, but I think for a day room you get a better value at the Yotel (although, let me stress, there is no comparing the rooms - the Yotel doesn't have individual room climate controls, for example).

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.
I was pleased to read that we were able to transform your bad experience significantly and turn it into such an extraordinary few hours that you are looking forward to returning to us later this week.
We do advise our guests that we will endeavour to have day rooms available from 8.00am however this is dependant on the previous night and availability at the time of check in.

Sofitel London Heathrow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!