We have now stayed here several times when flying out of Heathrow, not just Terminal 5 where all you have to do is to walk across the covered walkway straight into the terminal but sometimes making use of the limo or cab transfer to other terminals for which there is a charge, rather than take the Underground.
The best thing about this hotel is not only the convenience of being able to park your car in safety in the car park right underneath the hotel while you are away for which there is an additional charge, being able to go down in the lift to your car parked exactly where it was when you left, but also the fact that this is a top class hotel.
When we stayed here recently we had the most delicious dinner in Vivre which is the cheaper of the two restuarants and then a fantastic buffet breakfast also in Vivre. In our case we went for the room option which included breakfast and two weeks parking. We paid for an up-grade to a deluxe room and asked for this to be one with outside windows as many of the rooms overlook the atrium and we prefer the outer ones. The standard of service in Vivre and elsewhere in the hotel is outstanding.
We also use the Sofitel at Gatwick but this one has the edge by quite a long way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel