We stayed in the Junior suite on the concierge floor for 2 nights.
The biggest plus for this hotel is location.
It is a 10 minute interior walk to the Terminal 5 check in desks at most. So if you are about to take an early transatlantic flight from Terminal 5 then you can't do better than this.
We planned one day in London (hence the 2 night stay before our flight). The Heathrow Express can be picked up inside Terminal 5, again a less than 10 minute interior walk from the hotel and you are in London in 20 minutes.
There were a few things that bugged me about the hotel.
Check in was a little clinical, the staff were like robots! Maybe the staff were about to finish their shift and were just tired of dealing with weary travelers....???
The room was big and clean, the sofa bed already open for our teenager. The bathroom has a great soaking tub and separate shower (beware the floor gets very wet!)
The roll away bed never came for my daughter and after I called housekeeping I was told they had run out. (At check out time the receptionist called housekeeping to confirm this in great detail and it really annoyed me when we just wanted to get into the airport for our flight!)
On our return to our room from our day out in London, there were only 2 new bath towels left in our room. So another call to housekeeping to get more as there were three of us in the room.
Normally I would not bother commenting about this but when you are paying the price for a hotel like this you expect a little more attention to the details.....
We never ate at the hotel or used the concierge lounge so no reviews for that.
Two really useful things in the rooms - lots of room to put your luggage and UK and USA electrical outlets!
Our room was close to the runway. However even though you could hear the planes take off it was not bothersome and we all had no problems sleeping!
We will stay there again. After many trips in and out of Heathrow the location of this hotel is perfect for our needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel