This hotel could be anywhere, and really only survives because it is right next door (you just cross a walkway)to departures at terminal 5. It is otherwise and ordinary and soul-less place. We were assured that we had been given an upgrade, but to what? There was nothing special about the room.
You have to put your room key (credit card style) into a slot to turn the lights on, and no one reminded us of this. It had been a while since i had stayed in a room like this and we hadn't been told at check in how to do it. Annoying.
Nice bed with good pillows, but cheap and thin towels. That stale and chemical smell in the hallways. I was especially irritated that getting on the Internet was so expensive. In this day and age that's absurd (it's free in terminal 5!) Staff was cheerful and friendly.
We came here from terminal 3 and it cost a fortune to come by cab. (Yes, there is bus service, but we were exhausted.) So the convenience of walking into terminal 5 the next morning may have been irrelevant. I'm sure there are nicer and more personal places not far away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express/ Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathroom include separate walk in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel Food and Beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Perrier-Jouet Champagne bar and the Tea 5 salon. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour Gym as well as a hydro suite with Vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel