“Early flight”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sao Paulo
“Early flight”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

For an airport hotel, it does not get better than this. Even if it were in the centre of a major city it would still warrant 5*. We had dinner at the Vivre restaurant which was excellent.
We left from Terminal 4 which was approx. 5 minutes by shuttle.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your words of praise for our hotel it is our utmost reward to receive such great feedback from satisfied guests. I will certainly share this with the team and thank them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel London Heathrow again very soon.

Sofitel London Heathrow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,490)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had to overnight in Heathrow in order to catch an early morning flight to North America and the convenience of the Sofitel, located in Terminal 5 seemed to make the most sense. The room was lovely and well appointed even though I was only in it to sleep for a few hours. I ate dinner in the restaurant adjacent to the lobby and the quality of my meal was good and the taste excellent. Getting to Terminal 3 the next morning via the free Heathrow Express was a breeze. My only complaint was the fact that the stay cost nearly 300 pounds for one night and a modest dinner of a beer and pizza.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I was pleased to read that we provided you with a restful night’s sleep and you enjoyed your meal in our Vivre Restaurant.

I would like to take this opportunity to point you in the direction of our website where you will find many special offers especially if booked in advance. Should you find a suitable offer we hope to welcome you back to Sofitel London Heathrow again very soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I have travelled through Terminal 5 and stayed at the Sofitel many times. I think a previous reviewer got it right by saying its great if you are coming into and going out of Terminal 5 as we normally do. On this occasion I timed my entry into the hotel from the minute I took my luggage out of the overhead on my internal flight, to going through the terminal, checking in, dropping off luggage in the room and sipping on my first drink in the bar. Exactly 20 minutes! So for all those people who think the long corridor is too long lets get a reality check. On exit it took me 19 minutes to leave my room, check our and get through security at Terminal 5. That's good enough for me. We ate in the Verve restaurant and the food was great. Would recommend. I will always use the Sofitel when having an early flight out of Heathrow.

Stayed July 2013
3 Thank CorneliusfudgeGM
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and recommendation to other Trip Advisor users.

I was pleased to read that you fully enjoyed the convenience of our location and it was very interested to read that from leaving your flight, walking to our hotel, checking in, luggage in room and sitting in the bar with a drink was only 20 minutes. Thank you for this feedback it is most useful.

I will ensure that the Vivre Restaurant Manager receives a copy of your review and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel London Heathrow again very soon.

Sofitel London Heathrow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!