“Worth the rate”

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed July 16, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Write a ReviewReviews (11,876)

Reviewed July 16, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had to overnight in Heathrow in order to catch an early morning flight to North America and the convenience of the Sofitel, located in Terminal 5 seemed to make the most sense. The room was lovely and well appointed even though I was only in it to sleep for a few hours. I ate dinner in the restaurant adjacent to the lobby and the quality of my meal was good and the taste excellent. Getting to Terminal 3 the next morning via the free Heathrow Express was a breeze. My only complaint was the fact that the stay cost nearly 300 pounds for one night and a modest dinner of a beer and pizza.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I was pleased to read that we provided you with a restful night’s sleep and you enjoyed your meal in our Vivre Restaurant.

I would like to take this opportunity to point you in the direction of our website where you will find many special offers especially if booked in advance. Should you find a suitable offer we hope to welcome you back to Sofitel London Heathrow again very soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have travelled through Terminal 5 and stayed at the Sofitel many times. I think a previous reviewer got it right by saying its great if you are coming into and going out of Terminal 5 as we normally do. On this occasion I timed my entry into the hotel from the minute I took my luggage out of the overhead on my internal flight, to going through the terminal, checking in, dropping off luggage in the room and sipping on my first drink in the bar. Exactly 20 minutes! So for all those people who think the long corridor is too long lets get a reality check. On exit it took me 19 minutes to leave my room, check our and get through security at Terminal 5. That's good enough for me. We ate in the Verve restaurant and the food was great. Would recommend. I will always use the Sofitel when having an early flight out of Heathrow.

Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank CorneliusfudgeGM

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and recommendation to other Trip Advisor users.

I was pleased to read that you fully enjoyed the convenience of our location and it was very interested to read that from leaving your flight, walking to our hotel, checking in, luggage in room and sitting in the bar with a drink was only 20 minutes. Thank you for this feedback it is most useful.

I will ensure that the Vivre Restaurant Manager receives a copy of your review and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel London Heathrow again very soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I think the Sofitel Hotel at Terminal 5, Heathrow Airport, is solely responsible for my lack of jet lag on my recent trip to London on the way to Geneva. The hotel was easy to get to using the Heathrow Express train service. We had taken a long flight from L.A. and were spending the night at the airport before flying out to Geneva the next day. We were informed upon our arrival that we had an upgrade in our room reservation which was a welcome surprise. The hotel lobby area is airy and bright and our room was roomy, comfortable, spotless and quiet. We were able to unpack a bit, head down to the bar for a glass of wine and then ease on back to our room for a light dinner before getting a good night's sleep on a cloud-like bed with crisp white sheets.

The fitness center is outstanding: lots of up-to-date equipment and good space for a workout.

The two hotel bars are relaxing and have great service. Our bartender even provided us with some free samples of wines they were promoting. The food from the restaurant is wonderful and the prices very reasonable. All of the staff are helpful and informed and seem dedicated to making your stay comfortable and pleasant.

If you have to fly to Europe and want a relaxing stop-over, make it London Heathrow, and make it the Sofitel Hotel, Terminal 5.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and recommendation to other Trip Advisor members.

I was so pleased to read that we ensured you didn’t have jet lag during your trip to Geneva and that we provided you with all the comforts needed to have a restful night’s stay with us.

All of our staff are dedicated to making each guest feel welcomed and looked after and I am pleased to read that we succeeded in doing this and I will ensure that our Bar Manager receives a copy of your review.

The bed you described in your review is called “MyBed” and Sofitel have implemented it in all their hotels worldwide, I am pleased that it provided you with “cloud like” good night’s sleep! You are able to find more details on the bed on our website.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel London Heathrow again very soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

There's really nothing to say about this hotel that has not been said earlier. Great for Terminal 5 - and even quite convenient for the other terminals. It saves the 1/2 hour bus drive from other airport hotels

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I was pleased to read that enjoyed your stay with us and as you mentioned in your review our location to Terminal 5 is very convenient and accessible via a covered walkway from our reception area into the Terminal building in under 10 minutes. Travel from Terminal 1-3 would be via the free Heathrow Express into Terminal 5 and travel from Terminal 4 would be on the Hotel Hoppa direct service from the Terminal building to our hotel and costs £8 return. I hope you found this additional information helpful.

Sofitel London Heathrow

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
2 mi away
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!