I’m struggling to find anything good to say about this hotel.
I only stayed here for 4 or 5 hours, having arrived on one late evening flight, then departed on another early the following morning. The price I was given on my reservation of £125.00, and this seemed very reasonable for a top-end, airport hotel, especially as I only needed it for a few hours and didn’t require breakfast. But when I arrived, I was told this was the “day use rate” and it would be £270 for an overnight stay! Given the lack of alternatives that link directly into Terminal 5, I reluctantly agreed.
Rooms are well appointed and have everything that any traveller could possibly want. I can’t provide comment on the restaurant or breakfast as my stay wasn’t long enough, but be warned, the hotel is used by British Airways to accommodate their delayed guests who need to stay overnight. So on arrival I have to queue with dozens of disgruntled passengers. It took 30+ minutes to get to the reception desk!
Staff had a veneer of polite courtesy, but underneath they did not seem happy in their work. Just a job, no sincerity, all very false.
Would I stay here again? Never say never, but I would try to find an alternative if my travel plans permitted. Somewhere not overpriced and with genuine staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel