$141
$175
Orbitz.com
$151
Travelocity
Travelodge London Hounslow(Hounslow)(Great Value!)
$40
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
Travelodge Heathrow Central(Hounslow)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
12,407 results
All reviewsvivre restaurantsuperior rooman early flightthe club loungeshort walkroom servicebritish airwaysexcellent hotelan upgradenext morningeasy accesscomfortable roomsbetween flightslondon heathrowan overnight staynight's sleepcovered walkway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

The luxury French Sofitel brand is becoming one of my favourites and this one at LHR continues this trend for me. I can't fault anything here ... The staff is warm, friendly and efficient, my king sized bed superbly comfortable and well dressed with luxury linens, the bathroom well appointed with bath and shower cubicle, and the climate control just perfect. Bathroom amenities are from The White Company, my room was decorated in restful tones with modern, warm-toned wood furniture. Breakfast is wonderful, with lots of variety -the smoked salmon and artisan breads are worthy of mention. Staff at the front desk, guest relations and concierge desks and in Vivre restaurant are professionally attentive and warm. One of the managers at Vivre, I think, a wonderful young man called "Deep" deserves commendation. He exudes professionalism, warmth and confidence. Ideally situated in Terminal 5, yet just a 15 minute express train ride to central London or short drive to Windsor, Ascot and Hampton Court, I will always break longer journeys at this hotel and stay more than one night if possible.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Sunlover J
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback.

It is really good to read that we are doing a good job and pleased you left us feeling looked after.

I have passed over your great feedback on Deepanshu (“deep”) to his manager and also recognised him personally for delivering such outstanding service to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed at the Sofitel for 1 night before our 5 day break to New York to celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary! We chose to stay here because of the convenience of the short walk to terminal 5; also we could leave our car in the underground car park for our entire stay in New York! Such convenience!! Yes maybe a little more expensive than some; but that is the price you pay for the convenience of position and car parking!! We were upgraded due to a Hotel induced problem( which was rectified)! We found the Staff to be attentive, polite and helpful! Our room was pleasant, clean and comfy! Even a TV in the bathroom!!! We dined in the Vivre Restaurant where we could watch our food being prepared! Everything was delicious! At the end we were served a special surprise sweet - a beautifully presented and decorated platter of mousse, chocolate covered strawberries, red currants, raspberries and kumquats with a message worked in chocolate saying "Happy 40th Wedding Anniversary"! Such a lovely surprise and special touch by the restaurant staff!

Room Tip: We can only imagine all the rooms are of a very high standard as is the hotel!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Sofitel London Heathrow and providing us with such positive feedback.

Our aim is to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations in every aspect of their stay and I am pleased to hear that we have achieved our goal.

Please accept my late congratulations on your 40th wedding anniversary! We do hope that we will be able to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Very convenient location being a short walk from the Piccadilly line, and a short walk from terminal 5. It is expensive, but you pay for the location. All started well with a free room upgrade. The restaurant was good with excellent service, but there was a very big mark-up on the wine.

When I got into bed I noticed a smell of sick. There was no evidence of anyone having been ill, so I moved to the other side of the double bed, and slept well.

The next day I wrote about this on the 'analysis card' which I posted as requested, and on checking out I mentioned the same matter to the gentleman on check-out, whom I paid. Clearly if this had been a big problem I could have asked for a different room, but I was already in bed, and I decided to cope. However I did suggest strongly that, for the comfort of a future customer, they should not let the room again until it had been thoroughly cleaned, and I said that the issue was disappointing in a hotel that got so much right in so many ways. But these things happen.

What has disappointed me is that it is now two weeks since my stay, and no-one has phoned or emailed me to thank me for pointing this out. I don't even know if the room was properly cleaned after my stay, or whether my observation was passed on.

I decided to wait two weeks before writing anything on Trip Advisor, to give the hotel the time to respond to my comment. For me it is not so much the problem that I find disappointing, as the lack of the simple courtesy of an email or phone-call to say 'thank you'.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

At our hotel we strive to exceed expectations and I am disappointed that in your case we were not successful and our service wasn't up to our normal standard.

In reference to the “smell of sick” in your room, this is unacceptable and I will follow up with our Executive Housekeeper and ensure that we investigate further. I will also ensure that the importance of double and triple checking all our rooms is reiterated to the entire housekeeping staff.

I would like to assure you that whether it be through our analysis cards or directly to reception we take every single one of our complaints seriously and each and everyone is always followed up and the situation fixed. My apologies that you didn’t receive a call or email as expected.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel London Heathrow again soon. Please ensure that you contact Dallas our Guest Relations Manager (H6214-OM@sofitel.com) prior to your arrival so we can ensure that we prepare in advance and cover all of your expectations.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed at the Sofitel before my flight back to the US. Check in was easy, staff very friendly. Room was nice and clean and bathroom shower was refreshing. Hotel was very busy in the restaurant and bars. Food was great. Overall a great experience. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Such positive comments as yours about our hotel ensures that we know we are moving in the right direction. At Sofitel London Heathrow we strive to improve consistently and we are pleased that your stay was “overall a great experience.”

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

There are two hotels that you can walk to from Heathrow--the Sofitel is at Terminal 5 an the Hilton is at terminal 3. I have stayed in the Hilton before and it was nice, and worth the price which is at least 2/3 of what the sofitel was. I felt like I was in a local LaQuinta at the sofitel. They were not informative at the desk--unlike the hilton which had several outlets of both the UK and US type, the sofitel had one US one so if you had more than one thing to charge/use you had to rotate--and they wanted 15 pounds for "high speed" internet. The room was unremarkable--the bed not comfortable and the price was outrageous. For some reason the Hilton was full that night so I had to staty in the sofitel but I would never do it again--next time I will take a free hotel bus to a hotel not on sight. I don't think I have ever felt so much like I did not get what I (well, my office actually) paid for.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us so much.

We always want to offer all our guests a warm, personalised and informative service from our reception staff and indeed throughout the hotel. So I was disappointed to hear that you did not experience this during your stay with us. We are about to imminently embark on a programme of proactive hospitality training throughout the whole hotel to ensure we are consistent with Sofitel brand standards with particular focus on first impressions of the hotel and I will ensure front desk receive some extra training in this area.

We do offer internet free of charge however as you mentioned if you need a higher speed option that would be an extra £15, however this is included in our superior and luxury room rates.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in us in the future.