“Excellent airport hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Jerusalem, Israel
“Excellent airport hotel”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I love staying at Sofitel Heathrow because it is so well run, the service is great and rooms are very comfortable and practically designed. Perhaps a bit overpriced, but still my favourite place to stay at Heathrow.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Sofitel London Heathrow and providing us with such positive feedback.

Our aim is to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations in every aspect of their stay and I am pleased to hear that we have achieved our goal.

Please be aware if you review our website we do offer really good advance purchase special offers therefore allowing you to enjoy our wonderful hotel on the best possible deal.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit London.

Sofitel London Heathrow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,543)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Stonnall, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Second time at park and stay at heathrow sofitel and once again superb food and service. A new clean hotel better than some 5 star hotels.It is connected directly on t5 but i flew from t3 which is either free if shuttle is used or 17.50 if you want taxi i used taxi which was fine.When you get to hotel just take ticket from machine like regular car park then drive to underground car park under hotel make note of parking zone ie 2b then get lift to reception.Check in swift and polite and your holiday starts with a nice funky bar with a adjacent lounge really well layed out .Opposite you have a restuarant then walk past reception and you have another restuarant and another lovely lounge area with bar.I would highly reccomend this hotel and i look forward to staying at sofitel gatwick in august it really does take all the hasle of early morning drive or the allowing yourself plenty of time to get to airport which always means you are far to early for flight hence a boring few hours at airport ensews .

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review.

I really enjoyed reading the heading of your review …“The BEST”. Our team here work very hard at the hotel to ensure that guests always leave feeling well looked after and I am pleased to see that this was indeed true with you.

Just a little tip for your next stay, if you are running late you are able to stop in front of our main entrance, hand your keys to our concierge desk, they will park your car allowing you to head directly across the concourse to reception for check-in.

We hope to see you back at the hotel very soon.

Vratsa, Bulgaria
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Everything was perfect in the hotel except the tv in the bathroom. It was on and loud and there was no way we could turn it off so we had to sleep with that noise on all night. This is the first time we did not manage to sleep well in that hotel. Other than that , the room was perfect.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Dear William

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am sorry to read that your last stay with us did not include a restful nights rest! It’s sounds from your email that there was a fault with the TV. If anything like this should ever happen again do call reception immediately as we do have maintenance on duty twenty four hours and they can rectify the problem as quickly as possible.

Once again please accept my profound apologies for the disturbed nights sleep.

I am happy to read that everything else was perfect.

I do hope that we welcome you back to Sofitel London Heathrow again very soon.

Christiansburg, VA
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This hotel features eccentric architectural and other features (for example, rooms whose numbers begin with 4 are on the third level; the elevators face backwards, forcing one to walk extra steps with luggage; and the light switches are very peculiar and take some getting used to--not always possible initially in the middle of the night, to cite three examples), and these may not be appreciated by someone arriving exhausted after a long flight. In addition, there are no clocks in the rooms--a serious omission for an airport hotel! The eccentricities of the hotel are a betrayal of the usual French passion for logic a la Descartes, and made for an uneven experience despite the large, quiet rooms. Overall, I like this hotel much less than the Sofitel at Gatwick, and consider it a peculiar place in many ways. Getting to Terminal 5 involves a long walk though at least the corridors are enclosed. I ended up paying L17 for a cab to Terminal 4 since getting there would otherwise have involved a walk to Terminal 5 and then two separate trains (i.e., a change of trains)--not an attractive proposition at 5 a.m.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I apologise that you left feeling that you had an uneven experience with us. The architectural plan of our hotel is unusual. All of our room numbers consist of 4 digits. The 1st digit will reflect the “wing”, 2nd number will reflect the floor/level and all room keys will have the 2nd number highlighted to ensure you are aware of your floor number at all times, which should have been explained to you on check-in. I apologise that this was not done in your case.

We do not have any separate clocks in our rooms. There is however a time channel available and reception could confirm on which channel on the TV you could find this on, I do recognise this is not the most convenient way of checking the time and I will look into this after reading your review. Please remember you could also request a wake up call or reminder call through reception at anytime during your stay.

We do offer direct access via our covered walkway from Terminal 5 into our hotel, the walk in total should take a maximum of 7 minutes. I am sorry to hear that you assumed it would be a shorter walk.

I do hope that you will return to the hotel and allow us to the chance to change your experience to a positive one next time.

glos
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel before an early morning flight from terminal 5. The hotel staff were very helpful and our room was excellent and also very quiet. We ate in the French restaurant and the food was exceptional and trhe service very good. We parked the car at the hotel. The overall experience puts you in a strong position to enjoy the very start of the holiday

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Sofitel London Heathrow. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

I will certainly pass on your comments to the La Belle Epoque Restaurant and hope that we can invite you back very soon.

San Diego, California
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I would guess the Sofitel designers weren't going for giggles, but with all the elegance, over-the-top service, and the sense that I had walked through at least a lower gate into paradise, I giggled. An attendant greeted us at the elevator, escorted us 30 feet to the reception desk, and because we had to wait five seconds we received an apology for their slow service. Let's see...do I have a complaint? Hmm. OK, here's one. The volume of the phone's ringer is TOOOOOO loud. Geez. It would bring a corpse back to life. There. I complained. Great place. Sure made getting to my next-day flight easy and enjoyable.

Dear Guest,

I took great pleasure in reading your review, and to be perfectly honest it brought a smile to my face. Thank you for taking the time to write it.

Thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and welcome the opportunity of you staying again when we can make you giggle all over again!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Due to the convenience of being so close to Terminal 5 where we had an early morning flight we decided to splash out & stay here.

Good points: 5 minutes covered walkway to terminal, underground plentiful car parking, nice spacious rooms with separate bath & shower, one of the most comfortable beds i have ever slept in, friendly staff, generous with champagne when having an afternoon tea!

Bad points:
Room very hot even with air conditioning on full blast for 5+ hours, atrium room view which some people may find claustrophobic. Also, considering we paid £211 for a park & fly package we would have expected more than just 1 bar & restaurant open! All bar/ restaurants here have very limited opening hours at weekends. I have stayed at many 5 star (as well as Sofitel) establishments over the years & have never seen so many areas closed! We were really looking forward to starting our honeymoon off at the champagne bar & la Belle Epoque restaurant & were annoyed we could only eat at Vivre which had only a limited choice of food. At no point during the booking or check in process were we made aware of this.
The worst aspect was having 2 power cuts in the room rendering our lighting to be non existent. We did manage to get access to the room next door to have a shower quickly before flying but the wiring definitely needs looking at

All in all a good hotel which, with a few tweaks could become a great hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank kay1975
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am please to read that you enjoyed your stay and took full advantage of our wonderful beds!

Our staff are trained to go the extra mile and I am happy to hear that they pleased you with their helpfulness.

I am disappointed to hear that we didn’t offer as good a start to your honeymoon as you had anticipated and I apologise for this.

I have investigated the power cut and we had no reports of any major power cuts in the hotel in April however the way in which the hotel is configured two rooms share the same power supply. Therefore if the room next to yours for example plugs in the incorrect adapter and cuts the system that would explain your short lack of lighting. I am happy to understand that you were given access to another room to get ready for your flight but apologise for this inconvenience.

Can I suggest that before your next visit you review our website www.sofitel.com where all opening times for our restaurants and bars are listed. I am just sorry that you were unable to enjoy the wonderful treat that our Perrier-Jouet provides and hope you will return to enjoy the pleasure.

We hope to invite you back to Sofitel London Heathrow soon.

Sofitel London Heathrow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!