Due to the convenience of being so close to Terminal 5 where we had an early morning flight we decided to splash out & stay here.
Good points: 5 minutes covered walkway to terminal, underground plentiful car parking, nice spacious rooms with separate bath & shower, one of the most comfortable beds i have ever slept in, friendly staff, generous with champagne when having an afternoon tea!
Room very hot even with air conditioning on full blast for 5+ hours, atrium room view which some people may find claustrophobic. Also, considering we paid £211 for a park & fly package we would have expected more than just 1 bar & restaurant open! All bar/ restaurants here have very limited opening hours at weekends. I have stayed at many 5 star (as well as Sofitel) establishments over the years & have never seen so many areas closed! We were really looking forward to starting our honeymoon off at the champagne bar & la Belle Epoque restaurant & were annoyed we could only eat at Vivre which had only a limited choice of food. At no point during the booking or check in process were we made aware of this.
The worst aspect was having 2 power cuts in the room rendering our lighting to be non existent. We did manage to get access to the room next door to have a shower quickly before flying but the wiring definitely needs looking at
All in all a good hotel which, with a few tweaks could become a great hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel