We are flying out to Canada today - me, wife and two teenage sons - so we flew down from our home in Glasgow last night to Heathrow as we usually have to do when traveling long distance. This is our fifth stay here, so deceived we needed to do a review. This is a very high standard business airport hotel situated a short walk from T5 at Heathrow. Rooms are sufficiently spacious and of a very high internal standard. Service levels are first rate - but note, no turn-down service. Reasonably priced at the weekend as well, though prices do step up steeply during the week. We ate in Vivre tray rant last night which is open kitchen style with a reasonably eclectic menu. All food is cooked fresh and all four of us ate well, with the boys trying some unusual pizzas e.g. hoisin duck(!), and my wife and I trying a delicious and wee presented chucked jalfrezi. Only disappointment on the ear was the till shock at the bill, as I didn't think we'd consumed £170 of value. Nice bar areas to chill out in, but no need for Sky Sports surely. No doubt we'll be back when heading over to Italy for our summer sojourn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel