Do to the curfew on night flights on Heathrow airport, we chose to stay at the Sofitel London Heathrow on Terminal 5 for a night rest so our next day will not be wasted for our tiresomeness, we were coming from Dublin and going to Berlin. (Note that is the only hotel with direct access from the Terminal, no shuttles or else needed.)
At arrival we first cannot believe how beautiful the lobby is…so open and calm, the ambience makes you relax automatically; at check in -a super quick one- we were told that we were chosen the guests of the day, therefore got an upgrade, including breakfast and an invite to use the spa and gym area. For the little time we had only got the breakfast, no time for anything else…and got us thinking that maybe was a good thing; because if we relax even more there we could cancel the rest of our trip and want to stay there for good!
Note that we are "travellers on a budget" so in order to worth our next day on Berlin, we needed the rest, and booked the cheapest room that Sofitel had. Only looking for a good shower and a few hours of sleep…and getting this experience was a DREAM!!!!!
The room was superb, unbelievable spacious, with everything you may need and more. The bed makes you feel that you are sleeping on a cloud. The bathroom was a dream… time passes and I still remember those towels and bathrobes, which you may buy, there's a beautiful catalog, browse it and order if you can afford it…
In Buenos Aires we live around the corner of here's Sofitel, and every time I walk by it, sweet memories come..NEVER THOUGHT THAT WOULD BE POSSIBLE, the best part of trips are supposed to be the places you see, not the hotels, right?
Our complimentary breakfast, was by our choice and brought it to our room, oh dear! Just exquisite…wish I had more time to at least have the half of it…
Staff was lovely, check out was just best wishes and thanks for our stay, when WE WERE THE GRATEFUL ONES..
Absolutely worth it...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel