“A Fantastic hotel at Heathrow”

Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seamill
“A Fantastic hotel at Heathrow”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Sofitel is just out of this world. It should be classed as ten star because it is just like arriving in a Palace after a long flight. The hotel is only five minutes walk from the arrivals area in Terminal Five(all under cover). The staff are just out of this world, the welcome and the service is just something that you dream about.
The rooms , the beds and the breakfast are fabulous and I will add that I have never had such a large breakfast in any hotel on my world travels..
The hotel is not cheap however it is worth every penny being so close to the Termnial. It is very quite with no aircraft noise

Room Tip: Ask for room facing outside with view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SofitelT5, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Brian F.

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor; we too would love to be classified a ten star, but we are happy with simply being a “Luxury” hotel.

Our beds like most items in our hotel are available to purchase at the SoBoutique. Your comments about the welcome you received has been shared with the Front of House team as it is our goal to provide a warm welcome each time you stay with us.

I had mentioned on another post that there are a few options to reduce the rate, either booking further in advance or a package (which may include the large breakfast you mentioned) and the packages can be found here.

Thank you again Brian F and I look forward to welcoming you again.

All the best;

H6214-am@sofitel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,517)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
UK
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I live 25 miles from LHR and was not going to stay but our friends from Devon did. Having thought about whether I wanted to be 25 miles or 5 minutes away I booked a twin bedded room and I am very happy I did. I think I paid £180 and it was money well spent. Stylish rooms - very comfortable beds (I am not sure but they may be the ones that you can buy and have shipped to 10 Railway Cuttings...but they'll be too big for the back bedroom).
As we English say "it's the dog's" (cojones to our US friends but it means the pleasure the dog gets when he chomps on 'em and NOT courage).

Room Tip: Throw money at it but they're all nice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mr. Daymond;

Thank you for your kinds words about staying with us here at Sofitel London Heathrow. We are glad both you and your friend stayed and enjoyed yourselves.

The beds you mentioned are actually available to purchase and can be shipped to 10 Railway Cuttings, whether it be in England or to the US. The link for the SoBoutique is here.

Thank you Mr. Daymond again for the kind and colourful feedback, I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future and will ensure we surpass your expectations once again.

All the best,

Jersey
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Went for a conference and stayed one night.
Hotel is modern, clean and staff very attentive. My only comment would be that the food, whilst ok, was just that and didn't impress greatly. Breakfast was alright with a good selection, although a little pricey. .

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Trinity_Bob;

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with Feedback on TripAdvisor.

In regards to your breakfast experience could you please contact me at the e-mail below. I apologise for your experience and I would like to follow up with the team responsible to ensure that on your next visit we surpass your expectations.

Thank you again Trinity_Bob and the team and I look forward to hosting both you and your conference where I am confident we will be able to provide you with a magnifque stay.

Faithfully yours;

London, UK
Reviewed February 24, 2013

There is the air of airport in most airport hotels around the world.

But not at the Sofitel Heathrow.

After following a long covered walk way we were greeted by a modern looking hotel that a fresh appearance. We were welcomed to the hotel by a staff member and poltely shown the way to reception.

Check in was smooth, the room faboulous, albeit don't expect much of a view. Our room overlooked the reception area and was totally sound proof.

Bed was great, bathroom fantastic, all very clean and complimentary fluffy bathropes as well.

After a good night sleep check out next morning was swift and in no time at all we sat in the lounge ready for departure.

In my opinion there is no better place to stay for T5 or perhaps all of Heathrow than this hotel.

I should add: the hotel delivered calmness while Heathrow was in chaos due to the January snow. The hotel handled the huge influx of people admirably.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SofitelT5, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Pro-Flyer

Thank you for the kind words about your stay, I have shared your comments across the relevant departments and they have been well received.

We enjoy providing you with a sense of calm and well-being and the next time you are here please ask for myself or a member of our Guest-Relations Department so that we may come and personally welcome you back where we will take you on a tour of our Zen Garden which is a further oasis of calm in our hotel.

Thank you again Pro-Flyer for your great feedback and I look forward to seeing you again!

All the best,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Decided to stray from Starwoods properties at Heathrow and try this, due to excellent reviews, and I am glad I did. The desk staff is excellent and was consistently warm and helpful. Other staff such as housekeeping were also genuine and caring. Of course the location cannot be beat, so this is by far the most convenient choice.

I had two lesser experiences in their restaurant, at both dinner and breakfast. At each meal I had very slow, very poor service. The food was not the problem, as it was acceptable. Dinner's service was without a smile, and without checking in me at all, though I did need a few things at times and had to beckon others whom i knew were not in my section to help.

At breakfast I sat for ten minutes before someone offered to bring coffee/tea. My dirty plates from the buffet were not cleared without my asking. Then again, toward the end of breakfast, I stacked my dirty plates and silver together so it was clear that I was finished. And still, several people walked by without removing the dishes before one finally did.

The gym is nicely equipped and clean, and I appreciated that the music was not very loud. At many hotels they keep the gyms frigidly cold and have music so loud that even with my headphones in my ears listening to my own music, I can still clearly hear the piped in beats.

In room free internet is hardly usable since it is so slow, so I opted to pay for high speed internet which worked as advertised...I believe it was fifteen pounds per day.

Overall I have had two very nice stays here this week and will surely return when I transit through Heathrow next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SofitelT5, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear LA-Business Traveller;

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor, and thank you for choosing us when you came to Heathrow.

I have shared your feedback with the teams from Reception and Housekeeping, who are excited that you noticed their warmth and smiles.

However, with regards to your experience while dining; I apologize that the experience was not up to expectations and I ask that you contact me at the e-mail below. We would like to follow up your experience with the Food and Beverage Director to ensure it is not repeated and the relevant team members are given further training.

Thank you once again for your thoughtful words and I look forward to hearing from you so that we ensure your next experience surpasses all expectations.

Faithfully yours;

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have stayed here multiple times for connections or early flights. Airport hotels get a bad wrap, and usually for good reason. This place is an exception. Once you walk in, a wave of calm comes over you. No airport noise, beds are great. Food in the restaruants was very good but pricey. My first choice when needing to stay there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear DFarls;

Thank you for reviewing us and for the kind words about our hotel offering a sense of calm upon arrival.

We strive to provide you with a stress free stay in advance of your travels so that you may enjoy your time away.

Thank you again DFarls for taking the time to give us some feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

H6214-am@sofitel.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!