We've stayed here before due to the hotel's proximity to T5 and that was our reason for staying here again this time. We booked online and opted for a room only pre paid rate. At £130 room only it's on the pricey side, so I guess you are paying for that convenience to T5.
On arrival I was surprised to be asked for my credit card in order that a 'pre authorisation' amound could be placed on the card. I queried this as I had opted for a prepayment deal. I was told that my card had not in fact been charge in advance for the room and that I was now required to allow the sum of £240 to be 'pre authorised' to my card. I objected to this as we were not planning to incur any extra charges (no phone calls, no room service, no breakfast). I was made to feel quite uncomfortable, but the clerk eventually agreed only to charge the room rate to my card. After a long drive to the airport this wasn't really the kind of welcome I was expecting.
Our room was a standard queen room and I must say the bed was extremely comfy - which for us is the main feature we're looking for before a long trans Atlantic flight the next day. Rather oddly there were only 3 pillow provided between the two of us, which seemed odd but we were too tired to phone and ask them to bring another.
We went over to Marks and Spencer in the terminal building and bought a fine picnic spread including wine or our evening meal and even some porridge for the morning! No need to incur the very high prices for food and drink in the hotel (fine if your company is picking up the tab - but not so great for individual travellers like us).
A good night's sleep followed, then a quick check out and over to the terminal for our flight.
Just a pity that a good stay in a nice hotel was spoiled by an officious check in clerk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel