An excellent hotel; obviously very well located (but not sign posted very well from the terminal). Quite expensive for what it is but I guess it's location, location, location. Room was good but on the small side for a 5*. Nothing in the mini-bar was a shame. I prepaid for the room and wasn't given the opportunity to present a CC to add extras. My evening meal arrived along with a payment machine.
It doesn't have the feel of a 5* hotel (not saying it shouldn't be one) like a central London hotel. I've stayed in many 4* hotels that are equally as good.
I would stay again but wouldn't pay any more than I did (booked about 2 weeks before staying @ £220). I would happily stay at the Sheraton if the rate difference was greater than £50. Otherwise the convenience is just not worth it. It's only £15 in a taxi (door to door) and the walk from reception to the premium check-in desks is a long one. A taxi would drop me off right out side.
Service=Very good but not (5*)excellent
Location=Excellent for the economy desks, only very good for premium and fast track.
Value=only average if you book in advance otherwise it's very expensive verses the other locals.
Rooms=very good but not 5* for me.
Sleep Quality=bed comfortable and zero noice
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel