I first booked at the Sofitel Terminal 5 hoping to catch a quick nap and shower after a night flight from Chicago and prior to an appointment in The City. With the thick draperies and soundproof glass, I found it easy to shut out the din of Heathrow's late morning bustle.
I awoke and jumped on the Heathrow Express into Paddington. The entire trip "door-to-door" took about 25 minutes.
With the price about 100 quid less than staying at a comparable "down town" hotel, I began booking at the Sofitel with regularity, and began to experiment with her services. The Health Club is spacious and fully equipped. Breakfast offers a complete spread of Continental and English stand-bys. Room service is prompt with food served steaming hot. I've never gone wrong with the house Shiraz, and as silly as it may sound, my favorite entre are the fish and chips with mushy peas! Their proper restaurant is amazing -- I've had game on every occasion and loved it. And the Tea room is a wonderful place to meet.
The rooms are large by even US standards handsomely appointed in wood and textures. And the shower rages steaming hot water!
Unless you have a dinner or a pub that requires you to be in London-proper into the late evening, stay at Sofitel Heathrow 5!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Orbitz, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel