Normally, you are treated like cattle safe in the knowledge they will never see you again as you will never repeat your booking after seeing the mess you have wasted your money on for convenience, such is the choice of airport hotel these days. This hotel is an absolute exception it's beautiful.
We arrived on the train transfer from t3 to t5 after a delayed trip from Gibraltar. We found the hotel easy enough but maybe we were just lucky given the comments on here. The smell when you walk in is amazing, I am convinced they pump it through the vents! The entrance is impressive. We were attended to by a receptionist (who i will not name) very quickly. She was training and was very efficient apart from when it came to our bags. There were 2 of us in separate rooms but we received only one baggage ticket. When we questioned this, the receptionist became quite aggressive with the bell hop leading to a rather uncomfortable exchange between them both, ending with her petulantly repeating 'all I am saying is that I was not aware of that' when he reiterated the bags would go to the 2 rooms as long as she wrote both room numbers on the tag. We were just standing at reception in the middle of this, forgotten. It was very unprofessional and unnecessary and caused by the receptionists inability to back down and just say 'oh right ill write both room numbers down.' For this reason I have taken a star away from what was otherwise an excellent stay.
The layout of the hotel is quite confusing and I saw more than one person aimlessly wandering around in the vain hope of stumbling across a sign. You could do with more signage to the lifts in my opinion but I was fairly close to them and didn't have a problem. We didn't eat dinner here choosing instead to go into London but the food smelled delicious. Breakfast was an amazing spread although at £20 the price is a little excessive, you can only eat so much and for me, what I ate certainly wasn't £20's worth. Nevertheless what I did eat was tasty.
The rooms are enormous, you can actually get lost in the bed. The shower is powerful and toiletries are included. The tv comes through via a speaker to the bathroom but seems very loud regardless of how low you have the volume on the tv. Minor point overall but it started to irritate me as the night went on.
The day we left was exceptionally cold. The poor valet looked freezing standing outside the door. It would be nice if there was a heater of some description they could stand under. The same could be said for the smoking area, it is a shame there is no heater although the actual chairs are amazing and the smoking area itself is maintained very well.
This has a very American feel about it and is busy all day and night long. It is a stylish, modern hotel which has struck the balance perfectly between relaxation and comfort without being all in your face about it. It is quite serene. It is expensive and if you we arriving late and leaving early I probably wouldn't bother but if you are arriving early and leaving later I wold recommend it. Very handy for the tube and any amenities and of course your flight. I'd stay there again, in fact I am beginning of Dec. I was very impressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel