“Interesting Experience”

Sofitel London Heathrow
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Excellent hotel. Room was very spacious and offered all amenities that one would expect in a hotel of this nature. Interesting that US appliances could be used as there was dual voltage available. Very clean and quiet. Great location for the traveler.

Unfortunately during one of our trips my iPhone was exposed to moisture. The hotel staff sent a tech support person to our room to see if he could assist in "reviving" the poor phone. The restaurant even provided rice for us to use in our attempt to "dry" the phone out. Above and beyond to say the least.

We had access to the club level lounge. For the price of the rooms allowing this feature I feel that travelers received little for their money. The lounge was often empty with no guests or staff in view. There were few choices for snacks and a very limited menu for breakfast.

We would stay there again but not pay for the concierge level.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (12,021)

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here for our company conference and it was excellent. Superb rooms. Professional service. Considering the sheer number of attendees, everything went smoothly. Dinner was very good. Would reccomend the Sofitel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Because all the rest of the Hounslow area hotels are greatly inferior by comparion (especially the Premier Inn), we have elected to stay at the Sofitel, averaging several nights per year.
The location and the overall quality of the Sofitel is very good, even though at $370 for a weeknight, we feel gouged.
No complaints about the overall quality of the room or the hotel, except the basic internet service is totally useless. TOTALLY!
They have the nerve to ask for 15 pounds a night (approx $25 USD) to upgrade to a usable speed. In the past when we complain (which we have to do each stay), they make me talk with their internet provider, (no joke, this is 100% true) who has the ability to increase bandwidth. This takes several mintues each time, and the "upgrade" disappears the follwing morning, requiring us to go through this same tedious effort all over again.
This last time, I called the on duty manager, who after my arm twisting comped the optional speed.
Listen up, Sofitel - this is NOT a Motel 6. Give the guests the proper speed right from the start.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Fantastic to stay before flying out of T5, great hotel, food is lovely, staff are very helpful and cheerful. So easy to get to T5, just go up two floors and walk into T5! Leave the car there and then easy to collect and drive out again - will certainly use again and again...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JonBol
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Last night of a months holiday, before flying home the next day. Wanted to be near airport. What a wonderful surprise. Everything about the hotel was great.Everyone we came in contact with that worked there was friendly and very helpful. The restaurant was a delicious. And the bed and bedding was so comfortable. It will be our place when we fly from Heathrow!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is the only place to start or finish your holiday. Incredible rooms and bathrooms. Staff are great and the room service food was fresh, tasty and hot. Very convenient for catching your flight the next day.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Sofitel bombarded me with emails, spam effectively, prior to arrival: very irritating.
I advised I was arriving early and would like to check in early if possible (it was clear that I was arriving on a long haul flight). I arrived at 0730 and was told it would be an extra GBP60 to use a room before 1400. Clearly there was an empty room I could use. When I asked why I was told that, as this was an airport hotel, the rooms were used by others during the day, but as a special favour I could pay GBP40 to use the roomI. I then asked for somewhere to shower and change. I was told the day spa did not open for another 1 1/2 hours: not what I would expect of an airport hotel that clearly had early morning arrivals. I was really, really unhappy with this, especially as the hotel could spam my email but not advise me of this important fact in advance.

I later spoke to another receptionist who did let me use the room but made it seem like a really big favour.

I travel a lot and have never been refused access to a room when arriving early if there is one available. In fact in other hotels staff go out of their way to rearrange rooms so I can get access.

The room itself was average, the shower poor and the free internet very slow. there was no conditioner in the room although it was supplied on request.

The only good point was the helpfulness of most of the porters.

Overall, I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone: much better to take your luggage into London and get access to your room when you arrive off your long haul flight.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank axiatrix
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review and your comments on the charges we make for early arrivals. It is a pity that what promised to be a positive experience was marred by the fact that we charge for the rooms when arrivals are many hours before the normal check-in time.

You are correct and as an airport hotel we will get arrivals all day. Indeed one of the most popular products that we offer is a day room, this is for people wanting to rest between flights. Guests often book these rooms , arrive, change perhaps use the Spa and restaurants before resting and departing the same day. In order to facilitate this offering we ensure that our housekeeping department are focused on getting the first rooms for day guests and people who have paid for the early arrival.

At 6am or 7am it is important that we get the balance right and by making the charge it ensures that we can make enough rooms available for the various requirements that gusts have.

It would be better if we did not charge for all of our services but when we need to strike a balance and get teams in especially to facilitate this we do make a charge for the very early arrival.

I know that you indicated that you would not return but should you find that we can be of service please do contact me directly and I will ensure you a most comfortable stay.

Kind regards

Vincent Madden

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
2 mi away
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!