Selected the Sofitel Heathrow due to a recommendation from a colleague and its convenience. Early check-in was smooth and quick. The lobby appeared very shiny and clean, the staff pleasant.
The room was very modern and clean; not too small as one so often finds in London. A bit pricey? Sure, but what do you expect on New Year’s Eve in London? High-def flat-screen TV, confortable bed with comforter, easy chair, good work desk, free Wi-Fi, mini-fridge with sparkling and still water. The shower was excellent with fast and easy temperature adjustments on the water. I laid down for a short nap and woke up 5 hours later.
Had two beers in the Sphere Bar served by bartender Victoria, who was friendly and interesting.
Dinner was in Vivre. Assistant manager Deependra offered me a selection of seats. Motivated and attentive wait staff included Mr. Edward Otigba and Radaslaw. The restaurant is open-kitchen style, which was illuminating because it showed the teamwork of the staff therein, who all seemed to work as a happy team and were smiling. They took considerable care in the presentation, which I watched for an hour on a variety of dishes.
I ordered the delicious leek and potato soup with truffle oil as a starter, and a ribeye with outstanding dauphinoise potatoes. The ribeye was cooked to perfection and served with very juicy cherry tomatoes and watercress. I ordered a glass of La Serre cabernet sauvignon, and Edward, when he brought it, caught the mistake: a glass of cabernet franc was on the tray. He quickly replaced it. Service was flawless, in my book, and I noted that each server covered for each other when something at any table needed attending to.
Breakfast in Vivre was buffet style and sumptuous, with many sausages (blood, pork and lamb), ham, eggs, potatoes, croissants, juices, mushrooms, tomatoes, cheeses, deli meats, and so on, on offer; the best such breakfast I have had in an airport hotel anywhere.
Check-out was quick with no problems.
I strongly recommend the Sofitel Heathrow for anyone needing convenience, a fair amount of luxury, a clean and comfy room, and great service from a nice staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel