For weary travelers the convenience and luxury of the Sofitel London Heathrow can't be beat.
The hotel is located in Terminal 5 so if you are arriving on a late night flight and departing on an early morning flight like I was, the hotel is extremely convenient.
I used this hotel a couple years ago and it was perfect! The room is richly appointed with a very large bathroom with both a large tub and shower.
This trip however, the hotel was not perfect. The room was excellent as I remembered but the television kept turning itself off every 5 or 6 minutes. I called to report the issue but after waiting 20 minutes for the repair person to show up I realized the tv was working properly. Of course after I called to tell them the tv was working, it started to turn itself off again!
I called for room service and the person who answered told me service would be delayed because the gas was off for cooking. It was a good warning because my dinner arrived about an hour later around 11:15 pm. The person who took my order called me twice to apologize which was quite sweet.
As I checked out the next morning, I realized as I scanned my bill before signing it, I had been double charged for using the Internet.
The hotel is still a wonderful place to stay if you are a weary traveler but this visit was definitely not as magical as my other stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel