“Luxury and Convenience!”

Sofitel London Heathrow
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 22, 2011

For weary travelers the convenience and luxury of the Sofitel London Heathrow can't be beat.

The hotel is located in Terminal 5 so if you are arriving on a late night flight and departing on an early morning flight like I was, the hotel is extremely convenient.

I used this hotel a couple years ago and it was perfect! The room is richly appointed with a very large bathroom with both a large tub and shower.

This trip however, the hotel was not perfect. The room was excellent as I remembered but the television kept turning itself off every 5 or 6 minutes. I called to report the issue but after waiting 20 minutes for the repair person to show up I realized the tv was working properly. Of course after I called to tell them the tv was working, it started to turn itself off again!

I called for room service and the person who answered told me service would be delayed because the gas was off for cooking. It was a good warning because my dinner arrived about an hour later around 11:15 pm. The person who took my order called me twice to apologize which was quite sweet.

As I checked out the next morning, I realized as I scanned my bill before signing it, I had been double charged for using the Internet.

The hotel is still a wonderful place to stay if you are a weary traveler but this visit was definitely not as magical as my other stay.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank chendricks0
Write a ReviewReviews (12,034)

Reviewed October 22, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night in mid-October.

The location is great. The rooms are peaceful and quiet and well appointed.

Couldn't find a power socket near the bed - which I would have expected.

Room was 238GBP ex. Breakfast.... I assume you can get it cheaper if you plan ahead.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I managed to get a room at a reduced price and received a free upgrade as it was my birthday. Staff were extremely polite and efficient and the spa facilitiies were great. Room service was divine (best bruschetta I've ever had) and I really enjoyed the sleek modern room decor and the bed was simply divine - especially after a 10 hour flight! Small rooms, yes, but perfectly formed! The lobby bar was quite cold and impersonal - my only complaint. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Arrived at heathrow to a cancelled connecting flight. The line to rebook was over two hours and someone suggested this hotel. What a light at the end of the tunnel! Clean, comfortable, accommodating, good food after an overnight flight when searching for a restaurant can be daunting. I thank Sofitel for saving our trip and our patience.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2011

We recently stayed at the Sofitel for one night prior to departing for our luxury Silverseas cruise early the next morning. We were both impressed by the helpfulness and courtesy extended by the impressive staff. We were pleasantly surprised by the rooms also and everything was in tip top condition. We are determined that we will stay there again as it was such a good experience and the short walk to the departure lounged at Terminal 5 was also a bonus.

We would thoroughly recommend this as a great start to a holiday and also parking the car was very useful. Again we cannot recommend the wonderful staff again. Kepp up the good work!

Room Tip: Remember this hotel's close proximetry to T5 Heathrow to get off to a truly flying start!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Extremely nice convenient Sofitel Hotel Located in Terminal 5. We used this hotel because we had a early flight with British Airways to Budapest and decided that it doesn’t get any easier than staying this close to T5. Terminal 5 and Sofitel have a closed-in walkway that makes easy access to either location. The walk takes about 8 min. Staff was very nice and helpful.
We did not get a chance to try their restaurants, but we will next time.
The rooms were extremely clean and well kept. We had a courtyard view from our window which was nice. The room, window was sound proof and couldn’t even hear our neighbors. We happened to forget our US-EU electric adapter, so I took a short walk to the front desk and they were able to loan me a adapter for the night for a small fee I believe.
Overall I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again and I highly recommend this hotel if you’re staying in Heathrow for a night or day.

Tip: Book early for a better room rate..

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gsrmode
A TripAdvisor Member
London
Reviewed October 19, 2011

hotel is in a perfect location for T5 heathrow .The parking is the most prominent part of the deal and makes for a perfect start to any break.
The hotel staff are excellent and knowledgeable - great all round.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
2 mi away
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!