“Great option for staying at Heathrow”

Sofitel London Heathrow
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Francisco, California
“Great option for staying at Heathrow”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

If you have to spend the night in Heathrow the Sofitel is your best bet. It's pricier than some of the other hotels in the area but by far superior. If you are traveling through Terminal 5 it's just a short walk away - extremely convenient if you just have to spend the night and catch an early morning flight. The rooms are well-sized, very clean, it has a well-equipped gym and a spa, and the restaurant downstairs is actually pretty good. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,517)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Nottingham
Reviewed September 12, 2011

i had to get a last minute BA flight from T5 and this was perfect for my overnight stay, I would recommend it to any one flying out of T5.

Great deal on parking in the hotel and the dining options were perfect.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Decided to stay at this hotel overnight to catch a flight the next day out of Heathrow. They were friendly quick and the rooms were clean and upscale for a airport hotel. Will return. The only downside is the cost to go to terminal 3 was 17 1/2 pounds in a taxi or I could take a bus or a train neither one which is a very good option. Would have preferred a hotel shuttle. However, this is a good hotel with great service an a friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We booked for parking and overnight stay before going to catch an early morning flight to Venice. The room I had booked was stunning to say the least. luxury at its best. I had booked a Junior suite but I think it was upgraded as there was alot more space and facilities available. Thanks.Sofitel. Keep it up. The evening meal was enjoyable and with good attentive service. Parking the car was a dream and easier to collect from the car park on return (than meet and greet.) We will use you again that is for sure

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2011

After being in East Africa on a mission trip for over a month, I thought that I would treat my wife and stay at the Sofitel during our 14 hour layover back to the states. We were not disappointed. I will stay there again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 10, 2011

This is my fourth stay here this year. I have stayed here on my own and with my four teenage children. Great location, convenient, spotlessly clean and the beds are oh so comfortable. I love staying here it's the perfect start to any trip.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Front reception is lovely, long walk to our room, one lift was out of service would have helped. No hair dryer in room, and some repairs needed in bathroom. Good access to Airport Terminal, long walk though. Space age lighting and gagets in room, nice. Staff not very friendly.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback following your stay. I was unable to locate your booking but I wanted to respond to your comments. Although short, your review does highlight some queries and I would like to apologise if you feel that we were in any way less than you expected.

The hotel is located between the two runways of Heathrow. Our triple glazing ensures silence but the location also means that we are a low-rise building as tall is not recommended at the end of a runway. This does mean that some rooms will be father than others from reception however it also gives us the luxury of large public area spaces, including the 5 atriums. In addition we have six panoramic lifts going to all floors and I am sorry if one was out of service during your stay. I'm afraid a special part for its repair needs to be manufactured.

All rooms have a hairdryer; it is located in the desk drawer under the mirror, which we leave partially open as we have had this comment before. We also have separate hair dryers available from housekeeping should this be required.

You mentioned both “Bathroom repairs and Staff not very friendly”, please can I ask that you contact me with specific details as I would be most disappointed to learn if this is the case but would welcome the information in order to improve. I am sorry.

In relation to the location we are connected to Terminal 5 with the London underground and train station all just moments from the hotel giving free access to all other terminals. The actual distance from the hotel to the lifts to departures/arrivals is 170meters and the walk takes from 2 to 4 minutes depending on your speed. We have airport luggage trolleys available in the hotel reception to further ease the journey. The area is totally internal and is made of granite, glass and cherry wood and with its lighting, fragrance and music I believe offers the best access to any terminal. The alternative with an off Terminal hotel is to wait and pay for a Hoppa bus, which may stop at other hotels on the way, an inconvenience many our guests are pleased to avoid.

Once again, thank you for your comments, we care passionately about guest satisfaction and I would welcome any further information you may have. Please e-mail me directly on Vincent.Madden@Sofitel.com and I will respond personally.

We look forward to the opportunity of seeing on your next visit through London Heathrow.

Yours sincerely

Vincent Madden
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!