My husband and I stayed here overnight to catch a morning flight home the next day. We chose this hotel because of its location within Heathrow Airport. We had a slight problem with check-in because without knowing we had booked a room where we had to check-out by 6pm (our flight did not arrive until 4pm and we didn't clear customs until 5pm). Obviously, we would not have booked this room had we known this, and the hotel advised it would cost an extra 80 points to stay the night. This was neither our fault or that of the hotel, but rather that of the oline travel agent we used as they did not advertise this condition for the special rate. Nonetheless, the check-in staff were polite and co-operative and worked with us at trying to solve this problem. In the end, they gave us the benefit of the doubt and let us check in, and said that would follow this matter up with the online travel agent. The room looked new (I believe the hotel is fairly new) and the bathroom was covered in marble and mirrors (loved it!). We even had views of the outside area which was nice. We note that even though the hotel is in the airport, at no time do you hear traffic or planes - it is very well insulated from noise so you do not need to worry about losing sleep! Bellboy was lovely and delivered the bags promptly and even helped answer some questions we had about heading into town. Check-out was swift with no dramas. The same bellboy from the day before even came up to offer his assistance with the bags. When we arrived home we were emailed a request to complete an online survey which we happily obliged. To our surprise, we received a reply email to the survey saying they noted our specific suggestions for improvements. All-in-all a great Sofitel experience with fantastic service. We'll be staying here again if ever in transit. Thanks guys!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel