We stayed at this hotel while transitting between Dublin and India and needed somewhere convenient to spend a night. I chose the sofitel as I had stayed at several hotels of this chain through the world (the one in Sydney is fantastic!) and I preferred it to many other chains. I have to say this one did not come up to scratch for me. It looked promising and the staff seemed nice initially but things were just a little off. We stayed at a junior suite to give my daughter a little running around space. While larger than an average room, it was just a big L-shaped room rather than the 2 rooms you would expect while booking a suite. At 350 pounds a night, this seems a little unfair but still it was comfortable and the bath was lovely.
At check in, I mentioned that we definitely needed the room till 6 pm the next day and asked the staff to confirm that this would be done. The lady at reception was most casual and told me to call in later with the request. I told her that I would rather it were done and recorded immediately and asked her to bill me for the extra hours we would spend right away. Despite this, when I rang the next morning to confirm we would have the room till 5, I was told that we would have to leave at 12 or 1 pm at the latest. I was extremely upset as we were to get on a 10 hour flight to India that night and it was important that my toddler was well rested before. After lots of quibbling with unhelpful people at reception, we asked to talk to the manager and explained the situation. She did eventually extend our stay but I was unhappy that iI had to go through the whole grind to get there.
Something else that really upset me was that on 3 occasions in one day, staff would knock or ring and then enter right away! Once I was undressed! I don't think it's okay for hotel staff to enter just after knocking! This is rude and inconsiderate.
The room service staff were rude to my husband, did not have most of what we ordered and took ages delivering the food that did come (cold and borderline unpalatable). I can only imagine they must be short staffed and disgruntled!
Some other points of annoyance- our key cards were disabled at noon though we were staying till 6 and I had to wait in the lobby a full 20 minutes with a screaming toddler in my arms while staff refused to help me recut my key. I went up to a free counter only to be informed by staff that she was serving checkin. There were no people checking in at that moment and she still refused to help!
The one nice person we encountered in the hotel came up and gave my daughter a little teddy bear to stop her screaming. Very nice man and I'm so grateful to him. The rest of the staff could learn a thing or two from him.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, ACCOR, Priceline, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel