“relaxing pre-flight stay”

Sofitel London Heathrow
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,491)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Seattle, WA
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I flew into Heathrow late night from Athens May 23. Was exhausted after a 10 day hiking trip and I guess sort of sad that the adventure had come to an end. I had made the one night reservation for the Sofitel Hotel, at least I thought. (Be careful when making the online reservation). After a bit of a hike through the airport to get to the Sofitel it turns out the reservation was actually for their sister hotel across town. Long story short, the night manager initially turned me away and then found a way to get me in. He upgraded the accommodations and I had an amazing stay. Thank you so much. I'm just sorry it has taken me so long to write the review and thank you. Hotel was amazing! The room, breakfast, spa treatment, bar, etc. It was just what I needed after the long trip coming back to Seattle. Thank you night manager and crew for ending my trip on such a positive note.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
San Mateo, California
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We stayed here the night of July 1 at the conclusion of 3 weeks touring Europe. I chose the hotel because it was in Terminal 5 and therefore very convenient for us, and we were traveling with our (almost) 2 year old girl.

Upon check in, I requested a rollaway bed for my little girl. We had made similar requests at hotels all across France and Italy and were always accommodated gracefully no matter if we were staying at a $120/night auberge in the French countryside or a $800/night luxury hotel in Venice. In this case, I was informed that they could provide a crib or nothing. Since she no longer sleeps in a crib, I tried to insist on a rollaway bed but it was flatly refused.

We went up to our room, which was reasonably large and very well furnished, and I promptly called housekeeping to request a rollaway bed. They said 'no problem sir, tell meypur room number.' I told him, and after a pause, was informed that rollaway beds were not available "for those rooms." At this point I was too tired and annoyed to argue the issue further so we gave up and went downstairs for a very average buffet dinner ($100 for 2 people). English food was quite a shock after 3 weeks in France and Italy!!

We ended up sleeping all 3 of us in one bed ... A cozy but somewhat uncomfortable arrangement. I believe this hotel could and should try harder to accommodate families with small children, given the price they charge and their claim of being a "luxury" property -- luxury goes beyond mere location and furnishings and has to include excellent service as well.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
New Forest, UK
Reviewed July 2, 2011

I agree with one or two other reviews that the approach by car isn't intuitive as you near Heathrow T5 and you have to be prepared to change lanes quickly as signs suddenly appear. Using Google Earth and Street View didn't give me the help I needed. Parking was easy and a convenient lift took us to reception. At times Reception was busy, but reasonably efficient. Our room was very comfortable and clean with a nicely designed bathroom. The TV was a bit inefficient to use as we had to go through some welcome software every time we wanted to switch on to a basic TV programme. The security window in the door is placed above the height of most women I meet so I wondered about its purpose or how an average non-netball playing lady might use it. Although there is a high charge for internet use, there are PC terminals with printers near reception where you can do your online check in. Terminal 5 is a very convenient short walk away and you can get a trolley to help with your luggage. We ate in the Italian restaurant in T5 landside which was good value. We had arrived early at the hotel and quickly used our allocated 4 rations of coffee. I went to reception at 9pm to queue and ask for some more coffee. I was told someone from housekeeping would deliver more coffee but 90 minutes later we went to bed and no one had arrived - pathetic. Why don't they make it easy for guests to pick up extra coffee / milk from reception or the concierge desk without sending, or not sending, someone from housekeeping? Premier Inn make this dead easy - please learn from them.
The best part of the hotel, besides comfort, is the sheer convenience of a short walk to and from the hotel for departure and arrival. What a wonderful change from standing at a cold windy wet bus stop at the end of a concourse waiting for a hotel or parking bus to arrive.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Wales, Uk
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Booked a room and 8 day parking deal prior to early flight the next day. Really easy parking arrangements and easy walk to Terminal 5 so this deals with all parking hassles. Moreover you get your exit ticket validated at check in so can literally get off plane and go straight to car park and away on your return. Hotel itself was really clean and exceptionally comfortable. Beds were the best hotels beds we have ever slept in and they seem to have thought of everything to make life comfortable for travellers. We ate in hotel as well and food was very good and reasonably priced (though drinks are a bit pricey). Service was impeccable so all in all would book this if you want to be rested before or after travelling. At their current prices we will definitely book again when travelling from Heathrow. (PS totally effective sound proofing so no airport noise at all.)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2011

We stayed here on a Friday before flying out to New York the following day.We chose it for the car parking deal and were not disappointed.The hotel is beautiful.The car parking first class and it was very easy to find from the M25.The beds are enormous and the walk to T5 beats rushing on the morning of your flight.
Although it appears expensive,if your are parking for a few days,it is not so bad.
Would definitely use again.
Recommend arrive early and go to Windsor for a night out.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!