Sofitel London Heathrow
Heathrow Lodge(West Drayton)
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
12,407 results
All reviewsvivre restaurantsuperior rooman early flightthe club loungeshort walkroom servicebritish airwaysexcellent hotelan upgradenext morningeasy accesscomfortable roomsbetween flightslondon heathrowan overnight staynight's sleepcovered walkway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Our first impression of this hotel was positive. We stayed here in between a flight arriving at Gatwick and a flight leaving from Heathrow. The decor is minimalistic though they haven't totally sacrificed comfort as some other hotels do. The beds are comfortable and you'll find cozy places to sit, which is important after a long flight.

What soured our opinion of the hotel was the restaurant Vivre. We were turned away and told there was at least a 30 minute waitlist when in fact there were several empty tables. The tables were still empty when we returned later. When ordering our food, I communicated my food allergies yet both my dishes came covered in cheese anyway. Throughout our meal, utensils were constantly dropped by the staff and at one point there were knives lying around the floor and piles of dirty dishes in each corner of the room. I ended up having an anaphylactic allergic reaction to the cheese and had to leave the restaurant because I couldn't breathe and needed medication.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank therenothere
An Accor traveler
Reviewed May 15, 2011

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Had an early flight out of T5 to Rome, so decided to give the Sofitel a try. I just couldn't face another shuttle bus to remote parking again! And what a great decision... really easy to get to and to park, really pleasant staff that made everything easy, superb quality room and great underground parking.

It's definitely worth the premium for the location. Seriously good to be able to just walk across to T5 without leaving the building, and fantastic for all the same reasons returning home - so quick to be on the road again.

I appreciate my review is somewhat limited and revolves around the location, room and parking, but if these are the same factors for your trip out of T5, then I would thoroughly recommend it. I'll definitely be returning - impossible to fault with respect to the scope of our visit.

Room Tip: Check in late - we were upgraded!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mike_B_077
Reviewed May 12, 2011

I travel a lot and tend to spend nights in hotels in airports. This is because it is convenient and allows me to sleep more and ease my adventure to the next day's flight. This hotel unfortunately is not set up well for this unless yu are leaving from the same terminal where the hotel is situated. One courtesy that the hotel could and should provide is a free shuttle to go from one terminal to the other instead it does not and if costs about 20 pounds plus all the tips.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Gio333
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2011

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review. I am disappointed that you believe that hotel to be inconvenient to other terminals and hope that I will be able to clarify any miscomprehension here. As you are aware we are connected to Terminal 5 by a covered walkway. The other terminals are accessed free of charge by taking the Heathrow Express train from Terminal 5 which departs every 15 minutes and takes about 5 minutes to terminals 1,2 and 3, there is a further connection to Terminal 4, all of which are free. This is the same area, just inside the Terminal that you can take the train or London Underground to central London.

If you were staying in an off Airport hotel, the Hoppa bus would cost £4.50 per person per journey; it may stop at one or two other hotels before you get to your destination and is less frequent than the free Heathrow Express.

Overall I believe that we still offer the best connections. In addition as part of our environmental impact assessment we have committed to using the existing infrastructure and not to put extra vehicles on the roads around the Airport and as the service is so reliable I believe this is the best option.

If you need further information on our location or if I can be of further service please do contact me directly at vincent.madden@sofitel.com.

With kind regards

Vincent Madden

A TripAdvisor Member
Nottingham
Reviewed May 12, 2011

We booked here because it was connected to Terminal 5 and also did parking. It was a great location and was only a 5 min walk to terminal under cover. Room was large with comfortable bed. Teh car park was good and well lit although the signs on the roads need to be updated a little as you have to do some quick changing of lanes.

Only complaint would be the price of pretty standard meal and the bar drinks.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple