“Overpriced and limited veggie choice”
Review of The Skylark - CLOSED

The Skylark
Cuisines: British
Dublin, Ireland
“Overpriced and limited veggie choice”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

With an order-and-pay-at-the-bar-in-advance protocol, the Skylark is a gruff reintroduction to UK service standards after a US trip. Food is overpriced and utterly bland, thegrim decor, gambling machines and Murdoch media blasting TV a sad reminder that there is no mistaking where you are.
As for the food itself - let's just say Gordon Ramsey can sleep soundly.
Avoid - a sandwich from Boots is a better option that the horror offered here.

• Visited March 2013
JD W, Manager at The Skylark, responded to this review, January 13, 2015
I appreciate your comments. I understand the ordering at the bar system may not be the standard of service you prefer, however this is our ordering procedure. I apologise you did not enjoy your visit, I hope we can make it better if you visit us again.

Watford, United Kingdom
“Still good value....”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I had breakfast here before a flight to Munich.

There were few customers because of the time of day and I was greeted by a cheery staff member doing 'meet and greet' at the door. I found the Eastern European girl behind the counter to be polite and personable.

I had the full English breakfast and swapped the tomato - which I hate - for an extra hash brown. I thought this was good of them, particularly as we live in a world where everybody says "no" nowadays. The food was cooked well and washed down with a healthy pint of beer.

Prices are higher than in non-airport branches but the value is still good and I would go back again if flying from this terminal.

• Visited January 2013
JD W, Manager at The Skylark, responded to this review, January 13, 2015
Thank you for your comment, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We really do hope to see you soon.