“Great hotel at a great price”

Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Reviewed June 9, 2009

I was quite apprehensive about this hotel although I had read all the review but at the end of the day this was still a Premier Travel Inn and they do not have the greatest of reputations! BUT I was very pleasantly shocked at how great this hotel is.

First impressions of the hotel from the outside is that it looks very appealing and different to the other hotels on Bath Lane, which although have the BIG brand names are looking very run down compared to this hotel.
Walking into the reception it is has a bit of a wow factor for a premier travel inn surprising.

We were welcomed with 4+ agents waiting with HAPPY faces to check us in. I requested a room with a view of the runway and got a perfect location room. I paid £69 for one night b&b.

The rooms themsleves are exactly as the pictures show. Although the carpet and the couch was a bit dated the room was spotlessly clean and the bed linen looked and felt brand new. Although right on the runway, I heard no noise all night as the rooms have two sets of double glazing.

Within the reception is a 24 hour costa coffee, a bar and the restaurant. I ate in the restaurant which was great value and the food both at dinner and breakfast was to a very high standard.

The only improvements to this hotel would be a fitness suite and a pool, which would probably increase the cost.
Overall I had a very enjoyable stay and will definalty be returning to this hotel. And also I am led to believe that this hotel is the location for the advert with Lenny Henry!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank lisaste5Liverpool
Write a ReviewReviews (9,510)

Reviewed June 5, 2009

There was a group of 6 of us and we were catching an early flight to Barcelona to go on a cruise so we decided to book rooms at this hotel as my husband's sister had recommended it. We booked the 3 rooms and the price was very reasonable, it was £49 for room only and £87 for room and 8 day's parking. We arrived at about 5pm and checked in very quickly and efficiently and we all found our rooms on the first floor, one couple had a room straight opposite the door to the floor and the other 2 couples had a long walk ahead to find their rooms. We all found our rooms very clean and had everything that we needed for our overnight stop. The bathroom was very clean and reasonably equipped.

We all ate at the restaurant that evening and although the vegetables didn't taste as though they had been cooked for longer than a minute, we all had a reasonable meal and the price was very good considering you were in London. We then retired to the bar for a few drinks and then went to our rooms as we all had a very early start.

The only bad thing I would say about this hotel was that the beds were far too soft and when my husband and I got in it, we seemed to fall into the middle as they were way too spongy, my friends said that they had the same problem too, but at least we weren't there for a week so we put up with it.

I must say that considering how close you were to the runway, you didn't get a huge amount of noise, mind you our room was facing the main road at the front so I don't know how the noise thing would bother you if you stayed in a room at the back.

We were very grateful that there were tea and coffee facilities in the room as we managed to get a drink before we caught the hoppa bus at 5am which cost £4 each way.

Although all 3 couples had an issue with the comfort of the beds, we would stop there again, as I said you stay there for the convenience and you are not there to lie in bed all day!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank tcbmemphis
Reviewed June 3, 2009

We were not looking forward to spending the night in Heathrow and were concerned what quality we would get for 49 pounds but were surprised how good our stay was. Room was spacious and clean with plenty of room for all our luggage and a travel cot. Travel cot was very clean and quickly set up by staff. Despite being very very busy our room was very quiet and we had a great night's sleep. Only downside is the hotel is very large so you have a long walk with luggage fro the car park to the room. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2009

If you are looking for an excellent hotel for a night stop before catching an early morning flight, then look no further than The Premier Inn.

Excellent value for the money and regular shuttle buses at £4 each way are on hand.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed June 2, 2009

I was a bit nervous about staying at this hotel as the only reason I booked it was because I got a great price on hotels.com. But I was pleasantly surprised and had a lovely stay.

The hotel staff was very friendly and very efficient. The room was quite large - as a solo traveler I've become used to being stuck in glorified closets. After a long flight to London from LAX, the hot, high pressure shower was a godsend.

The hotel has several food options - a bar with the usual bar snacks, a 24 hour coffee shop and a full service restaurant. I ate at the restaurant and had a nice meal at a very reasonable price (for London!).

I had to make an extremely early flight to Rome the next morning - both my wake-up call and 4:30am taxi were taken care of without a hitch.

This hotel isn't fancy and it's too far from London to be a good option for a long stay. But when you need a place to stay near the airport for a night or two, I would definitely recommend the Premier Inn. I will absolutely stay here on my next Heathrow layover.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2009

We stayed here after flying into Heathrow before going to Turkey. I must say we were VERY pleased with the courtesy extended to us by the staff.

The bar sells food until 1am, so that is great for 10pm arrival flights. They also have an all you can eat english breakfast, which is fantastic! Sometimes it is included in the room price, we had to pay 9 pounds, but totally worth it! We even asked for skim milk and the waiter ran to the coffee shop to get some! Wonderful!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2009

We took the airport hoppabus to this hotel. Check-in/out and the breakfast line were a bit slow because the hotel was very busy - a long weekend and many families/tour groups were here to go to Legoland, etc. We were just stopping over for one night before another flight. The room was adequate and included a kettle/tea/coffee. The air con system was not turned on and the window did not open but a fan was provided to relieve some stuffiness. Breakfast was all-you-can eat buffet at 8 pounds per person, so good value if you're hungry. The room rate was decent value at 49 pounds including all taxes.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Sofitel London Heathrow
Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 Hotel

Been to Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel? Share your experiences!