“Alright for one night”

Skylark Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 10 Hounslow B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We needed a one night stay close to Twickenham. Room was very small, clean and in need of refurbishment. Staff friendly & helpful. Breakfast was chaotic because everybody turned up at once but was cooked fresh. . Will stay again once the refurbs done but was okay for a one night stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank dales113

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Came from lebanon to visit london. It wa a great stay and i really enjoyed it. The hotel was very tidy and clean and the staff were friendly and very helpful. The most thing that i liked about the rooms is that they are cosy and clean. The breakfast was really nice and the service was quick. Ken ktiir heloo and i would advise everyone to try this lovely hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Sarahabdallah
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The staff are very freindly and the hotel is very comfortable. The location is very convinient it is next to the tube station. It is also near heathrow airport. It is also close to many attractions. The rooms are very comfortable and cosy. The garden is very attractive it is a nice place to have breakfast. It is also clean and tidy. The hotel is very organised.

Room Tip: Rooms are better on the higher floor , they are more comfortable to stay in.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank rabia s
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was looking for something close to the airport for an early morning flight. Met this need very well. Few minute walk to tube, 15 minutes to Heathrow. Staff was helpful enough, young people to watch the door during business hours, felt more like a hostel than anything else. Wifi worked well. Akward stairs and hallways for luggage. If they would replace all the carpet the makeover would be simple. My room had it's own bathroom and shower, not sure if all do. Bedding seemed fine, carpet awful. Light over the bathroom sink didn't work so I pushed on the plastic cover and it sparked and blew the fuse for the lights in the bedroom and bath, tv still worked so I had enough light to bath and get packed. Left at 5:30 in the morning for a morning flight, no sign of anyone as I left, used keydrop. I forget what time the sign said for breakfast but at 5:30 don't expect anything.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank stevendale
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed there summer 2011. It is located near a train station and in a nice little section of West Hounslow. With the train, we were not too far from the airport and a short ride to sites in London. We had a very good time there. The staff was friendly and always very helpful. They had a nice dining area for breakfast. Breakfast was always good. Internet worked very well also. My only problem was that the room and especially the bed were a little too small for the two of us but the room was very clean. You could hear jet planes flying over occasionally during the day which did not bother me. I would stay there again plus pay a little more for a bigger room if available.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bryder
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My wife and I stay here as the usual Hotel we use when visiting London was fully booked. We found it adequate for our needs to with some negatives.

Good Points:
• Is very close to Hounslow West tube station, less than 5 minute walk.
• Friendly staff.

Bad Points:
• Room was very tired and in need refurbishment.
• Small room, but ok for 1 night.
• Breakfast was poor standard and despite stating weekend breakfast is from 7:30 – 9:30, when we went down @ 8:30 no one was there or in reception. It was 8:50 before cook arrived and 9:20 before we finally got our cooked breakfast.

We paid £75 for our double room and to be honest I think that was a bit high considering the standard of the room. We normally pay around £100 to stay at Jury’s Inn just one Tube stop away in Hatton Cross, and their double room is twice the size and not the least bit tired. Though I would add that Parking at Jury’s is extra.

All in all I don’t think we would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scubadgh
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My friend live nearby and there is a train station very close by which is great, It meant that I could visit local attractions in London. Being very close to Heathrow Airport is also very handy, so I could get to the hotel without having to travel far. My room was clean and smelled good. I like my first full English breakfast very much. The kitchen was clean and looked nice. The garden was very good and there is a pond with fishes in which I liked a lot. There is nice plants in garden. I had a good sleep and there is free wi-fi, so I could keep in touch with my with my family via Skype. I would advise you to stay here if you are looking for a place to stay in Hounslow.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo