“Paying for convenience to tube, Heathrow” 3 of 5 stars

Skylark Bed & Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   297 Bath Rd, Hounslow TW3 3DB, England   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Hounslow B&B and Inns
York, Pennsylvania
“Paying for convenience to tube, Heathrow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was looking for something close to the airport for an early morning flight. Met this need very well. Few minute walk to tube, 15 minutes to Heathrow. Staff was helpful enough, young people to watch the door during business hours, felt more like a hostel than anything else. Wifi worked well. Akward stairs and hallways for luggage. If they would replace all the carpet the makeover would be simple. My room had it's own bathroom and shower, not sure if all do. Bedding seemed fine, carpet awful. Light over the bathroom sink didn't work so I pushed on the plastic cover and it sparked and blew the fuse for the lights in the bedroom and bath, tv still worked so I had enough light to bath and get packed. Left at 5:30 in the morning for a morning flight, no sign of anyone as I left, used keydrop. I forget what time the sign said for breakfast but at 5:30 don't expect anything.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank stevendale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Williamsport, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed there summer 2011. It is located near a train station and in a nice little section of West Hounslow. With the train, we were not too far from the airport and a short ride to sites in London. We had a very good time there. The staff was friendly and always very helpful. They had a nice dining area for breakfast. Breakfast was always good. Internet worked very well also. My only problem was that the room and especially the bed were a little too small for the two of us but the room was very clean. You could hear jet planes flying over occasionally during the day which did not bother me. I would stay there again plus pay a little more for a bigger room if available.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bryder
Swindon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My wife and I stay here as the usual Hotel we use when visiting London was fully booked. We found it adequate for our needs to with some negatives.

Good Points:
• Is very close to Hounslow West tube station, less than 5 minute walk.
• Friendly staff.

Bad Points:
• Room was very tired and in need refurbishment.
• Small room, but ok for 1 night.
• Breakfast was poor standard and despite stating weekend breakfast is from 7:30 – 9:30, when we went down @ 8:30 no one was there or in reception. It was 8:50 before cook arrived and 9:20 before we finally got our cooked breakfast.

We paid £75 for our double room and to be honest I think that was a bit high considering the standard of the room. We normally pay around £100 to stay at Jury’s Inn just one Tube stop away in Hatton Cross, and their double room is twice the size and not the least bit tired. Though I would add that Parking at Jury’s is extra.

All in all I don’t think we would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Scubadgh

Travelers are raving about these Hounslow hotels

Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My friend live nearby and there is a train station very close by which is great, It meant that I could visit local attractions in London. Being very close to Heathrow Airport is also very handy, so I could get to the hotel without having to travel far. My room was clean and smelled good. I like my first full English breakfast very much. The kitchen was clean and looked nice. The garden was very good and there is a pond with fishes in which I liked a lot. There is nice plants in garden. I had a good sleep and there is free wi-fi, so I could keep in touch with my with my family via Skype. I would advise you to stay here if you are looking for a place to stay in Hounslow.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank CesarOtilio
North East
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Pros: very helpfull staff, lovely garden, great breakfast area and nice breakfast

Cons: very small bathroom which needed upgrading

Great location 5 min from tube. Staff were extremely helpfull making us a take out breakfast when we had to set off early. No tea or coffee in our room but available to make in the breakfast area all day. Our friends stayed to and their bedroom/bathroom was better than ours.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Solihull
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

This hotel was perfect for my stay in London. Within a 1 minute stroll to the tube station and every takeaway and food outlet you could possibly need. the hotel itself was clean tidy and the rear gardens were brilliant for relaxing with tables chairs and large water feature.
The only downside to this hotel was the fact that there was no facilities to make a drink in the room. The only way to get a hot drink was to go into shared kitchen downstairs, not good if first thing in the morning you want a cup of tea while getting ready.
All in all though the skylark motel I would recommend especially if you are flying from heathrow it is the perfect location.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper then ask to be put at rear of hotel due to being situated on a busy main...