“Hoped for the Best”

Park Grand London Heathrow
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I will start by disclosing that am typically not a big fan of Best Westerns but this hotel was booked for me for a meeting while in the UK. I had read the reviews on TripAdvisor and checked in with a level of optimism. This quickly faded when I got to my room. Here are a list of issues that I experienced: there was a toenail clipping on the floor, baby powder on the chair, a half full bottle of lotion, a broken desk chair, a bed that was terribly lumpy, and the shower began to drip (almost sounded like it was running) quite significantly during the middle of the night for at least an hour.

I've read great comments about the bar, which made me wonder if I was in the right hotel. There was no place to sit and 3/4 tap beers were out of service. Finally, the location of the hotel is pretty rugged looking and clearly not a place to walk around by one's self in the evening.

All of this being said, I do agree that the service was quite good and everyone was responsive and willing to help. The front desk was very good and made the stay a bit better.

It may have been a fluke, but I know I will not stay here again and would strongly recommend against it.

1  Thank Hobokenhopper
SK-PGH, Manager at Park Grand London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback following your stay at Park Grand London Heathrow.

We are disappointed to read that you felt your stay with us was less than satisfactory and we would most appreciate the opportunity to discuss the matter further.

We would be grateful if could you contact us on the email below so that we may have the opportunity to discuss further and perhaps we can tempt you back to Park Grand London Heathrow and show you just how fabulous our hotel really is.

With kindest regards

Management.
fom@parkgrandheathrow.co.uk

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a week early this year and came back this September for another 6 days stay as we could not find a reasonable hotel on our price range during this time. Well the price is not cheap as you can imagine but the service and facilities were really fantastic. The staff were all friendly, attentive and would do everything to make your stay comfortable. We were supposed to stay in their other hotel at Hyde Park but was booked on the days that we needed it so we wouldn't mind staying at Hounslow again. From the hotel, it's easy to travel to the city from Osterley Train Station, just 10 minutes walk from the hotel.

When you enter the lobby, the friendly staff will assist you and bring your luggage to the room. The staff could arrange a transport back to the airport at a reasonable price of GBP20.00 but you need to inform them in advance as it belongs to another company.

The room is very modern, bed is extremely comfortable and the bathroom is very clean and modern. It is service daily and if you don't want to get up so early, you can always request for a later room service and they will be happy to do so. There is a coffee facilities in the room, small fridge, large LCD t.v. and small table and chair; and a free Wi-Fi. Breakfast is also included and serve in the ground floor by a friendly staff which consist of either Continental or English breakfast from 6:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. daily.

Gagan who was the front desk attendant when we arrived, went above and beyond all expectations. We were supposed to have a twin bed but when we arrived it wasn't ready so he offered for the night to take the double and move us to another room the next day. As we were exhausted after travelling 28 hours, we settled for a double bed and move to a new room the next day.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We have stayed at many Best Westerns in the US but this is a first for us in England and it far exceeded our expectations.
We would class this as a 4 Star hotel. The lobby and staff were perfect, and our room on the third floor was beautiful. From the fine linens, comfortable bed, huge plasma TV, and amenities throughout (shampoo/conditioner, shaving kits, etc in the bathroom, basket of fruit and bottle of wine), we felt spoiled.
We had a pre dinner drink in the bar and the service was good. Soccer played on the TV and we enjoyed watching England win. :-)
Then we had dinner in the restaurant but could not do justice to all the fine choices as we knew we had an early departure in the morning.
After our wake up call, the taxi was waiting and we had a smooth 10 min ride to Heathrow to catch our plane. Highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I travel a lot for business and have never given a review before, I am compelled to write this review because of the EXCEPTIONAL service I relieved from Gagan at this hotel. I arrived with no booking, due to an online server who shall remain nameless, and Gagan went simply above and beyond the call of duty he cared, looked after me and facilitated the correction of the booking, he also ensured that I had the knowledge to be able to get a refund from the afore mentioned online "facilitator" who quiet simply didn't!!! Attentive, supportive, friendly and caring this gentleman alone has ensured that without fail I will always look to stay in this hotel when I am in London again. Gagan thank you very much for your help, I hope you get to read this, to anybody else this hotel simply must be top of your selection for London alone, the other staff ( Nick in the restaurant to name one) are simply brilliant THANKYOU one and all

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I cannot express how pleased I am with this hotel. Fantasitc and clean rooms, grand entrance and exceptional service. GAGAN,who was the front desk attendant when we arrived, went above and beyond all expectations. I would rate this hotel a 5 star, I would definitley stay here again and again and again.

Rachel

Room Tip: Book your hotel room in advance to save money, and also double check if there are any events going o...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stay at this hotel frequently and can quite honestly say that it by far beats the other hotels that I stay at near Heathrow for service, friendliness and comfort.
The staff on reception especially Cagan are excellent. The bar and restaurant staff are attentive, friendly and efficient. The menu might be limited but the quality of the food is very good.
The bedrooms are very nicely decorated and although the bed is high it is so comfortable that I have never failed to have a good nights sleep here.
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying around the Heathrow area.
Great value for money.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed for one night booked by my company, the location is not great, but there was a warm welcome at reception, the rooms are very nice, beds very comfy ( it makes a nice change not to sleep on a board)
Breakfast was a little disappointing, the food was tasteless and bland.
But all things considered I would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business