“Unhelpfull”

Ranked #36 of 391 Restaurants in Hounslow
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We have been going to the UK for the last three years from Australia. We stay at Jurys Inn before returning home and have been eating at the Geen man because it is a convenient walk from Jurys. I love the pub and its history, the patrons are friendly. This year we found the staff to be unhelpfull and even disinterested, they had a poor knowledge of the food they served when questions were asked.Even though the pub was busy on the two afternoons we attended, there were only two serving and one person in the tiny kitchen,and a manager floating.We found the food was not as we have experienced over the last couple of years, and we did not enjoy it at all.Visiting this pub is normally a great experience before we fly home, and this year was a great disapointment.
jeff P

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I'm very surprised to see such high ratings and good comments for the food at The Green Man!

A lovely little pub close to Heathrow so I had very high hopes.The beer garden is lovely and my son had fun playing on the clinging frame.

Sadly the food was probably the worst pub food I have ever tasted.It was ready made and frozen.The menu reflects the fact that its a chain(John Barras) and its not home made or fresh.

My fish was not fresh and was over cooked,had probably been sitting for a while or even re fried!

Very sad that big chains take over lovely traditional pubs and ruin them with fast food gone wrong!Whatever happened to home made traditional pub food?

I'd go back for a drink but would rather eat else where!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I visited the bar twice times with friends for lunch and on both occasions the service of waiters and manager have been very bad, and in the two days we attended different people.
We felt as if we were bothering them by ordering to eat or drink. Never help with daily specials and If we wrong the staff saw us very bad and they didn't want to change the order.
I will not come back.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Went to the Green Man before the championship play off final at Wembley and was very impressed with the service. The pub was absolutely rammed, but I never waited more than 5 minutes for a beer or to use the toilets. Other pubs near football/sporting grounds should talk to these chaps about how to keep everyone happy and enjoying the day instead of queuing for hours for one pint!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

When we stayed at Jurys hotel it was a short walk to the Green Man a busy pub with reasonable priced menu. A great beer garden to enjoy the sunshine and the aircraft above your head at about 100 feet. Well worth a visit.