“Just the ticket before travel.”
Review of The Green Man

The Green Man
Ranked #28 of 250 Restaurants in Hounslow
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This pub is situated about a 5 minutes walk from the Jurys Inn Hotel near to Hatton Cross Underground Station. We stayed at the hotel and went to the pub for a meal and a few beers before retiring for the night for our early morning flight.
The beers include Real Ales and many popular other draught beers. The menu was extremely varied and there would be something for just about every palate. I had a really nice Steak. Pleasant atmosphere and fast friendly service.
Recommend it and we will certainly go again when flying from Heathrow.

There are newer reviews for The Green Man

Reviewed November 27, 2012

A superb country style pub right on the corner of Heathrow Airport.

Surronded by trees giving a rural setting this pub sets itself apart from the urban area.

The pub serves a excellent selection of Real Ales and has a menu that should suit most people.

There is a mix of customers and all in a very friendly atmosphere.

I would thoroughly recommend if you are staying overnight at Heathrow prior to a flight out the next day.

The pub is located near to the Hatton Cross Tube Station

2  Thank Craig R
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This is a good pub near the Jury's Inn on the south side of Heathrow. If the brutal airport environment is getting to you, the Green Man is a breath of fresh air. It's a short 10 minute walk from the Jury's Inn (the only hotel in the vicinity I believe).

Good standard pub fare. I had a steak and it was very good. A large outside dining area (but deserted in November LOL!) The planes fly right over the pub, but you tune them out after awhile. Mainly filled with locals which gives you some decent flavor. A much more enjoyable experience than eating in the grossly overpriced and sanitized airport hotel.

The building dates to 1640 and there are legends of the famous highwayman Dick Turpin visiting the pub back in the day. Whether or not the legends are true, it only adds to the character of the place.

This was a real find and I'm sure I'll be returning as I stay at Heathrow from time to time.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I normaly go to this pub on my day off, they have a great management there, they r very friendly, u feel very comfy when u r served from one of them, but there is a lady aged between 40 to 45, grizzly hair, with a very bad costumer service, always making mistakes, charging u more than u should pay, never ever smile, everytime i see her serving i just turn over and go somewhere else! She just a member of staff didn't show any label as a duty manager!
But apart from this woman the other 3 are great! 2 dutty manager and a lovely guy! I would recomend this place to my friends but i extremely advise to change that member of staff :)

1  Thank Krisaff
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Have been here several times for lunch with colleagues and have found that the service is rather slow, on the last visit we made sure we ordered our food before we actually went so it would be served to us by the time we arrived as on a previous visit it had taken an hour to have our food prepared and brought over and there were no other customers in the pub at that time. Several of the items on the menu were out of stock so several of our group had to change their order.

Saying all that, the food quality is decent and the staff are friendly and polite. They just really need to be more efficient at lunchtimes as there are lots of neighbouring businesses who might choose to go there for lunch if the speed of service was improved.

There's a pleasant beer garden in front if the weather's nice enough.

1  Thank ladybong_n_hubby