“Poor food at usual prices”
Review of Wagamama

Wagamama
Ranked #7 of 242 Restaurants in Hounslow
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Have some extra time before your flight? Stop off for a fantastic breakfast, lunch or dinner and then hit the nearby shops for a last bit of retail therapy! We offer asian food inspired by the flavours of japan
“Poor food at usual prices”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband and I ate here at the end of a long-haul flight. I ordered the Kare Lomen, and when it came out, the coconut milk had been overheated in the sauce so it had separated and looked like it had curdled. The meat was burned on the edges, and when I tasted the chicken, it tasted dry, like it had been microwaved. The vegetables didn't look freshly stir-fried, but were limp and dull, again looking like they had been microwaved. I asked for this meal to be taken off the bill and they obliged.

My husband ordered a curry, and the sauce was ok, but again his meat was tough and dry, like it had been microwaved.

The restaurant was not over busy, but it was hard to get the attention of the waiters/waitresses. The only thing I can say was that when we did speak with the staff, they were friendly and obliging.

This did not live up to the standards of other Wagamamas, and has in fact put us off it for a while.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
“My first and last time in a Wagamama”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My BLT should have been called a LT due to the lack of bacon! Bench style seating was not very comfortable and you also shared it with other customers. Many better places to eat in T5, which is where I will be in future.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Spencemarc
Oslo, Norway
“Efficient and tasty”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had the worst time at Heathrow after Xmas. Our plane got cancelled and we had to queue for two days to get on a new flight. Finally we were booked on a new flight and we got to go behind the security check area. Finally we could have a nice meal. We chose Wagamama. I've always wanted to try the restaurant. There was a short wait to be seated, but after a few minutes we had a place to sit and from there the service was very prompt and efficient. I didn't feel that we had to compromise on anything despite the location being an airport.
I had a large glass of juice which was refreshing. My husband had a Tiger beer, which was tasty and the bottle was huge. We both had fried noodles. It was superb. Just the right amount of spice and heat, and lots of flavors. For dessert we had a chocolate dessert and I had some kind of fried apple donuts with dipping sauce. Both were delicious. Can't wait to return to London and visit Wagamama again.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank glamourprincess
Seattle, Washington
“The reason I fly through Heathrow”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I fell in love with Wagamamas when I spend a semester in London. Their Yaki Soba is AMAZZZING.

I always fly through Heathrow on my way to Europe so I can stop for some Wagamamas. The service at Heathrow is fast. Definitely stop if you are in Terminal 5.

Brussels, Belgium
“Best Food you'll get in an airport”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Clean, fussy and no-nonsense, it is exactly the kind of food you need when you are travelling. Tasty but not too heavy, it will not leave you feeling gross. The staff is helpful. I was travelling in a wheelchair, having injured my knee, and was able to wheel right up to a table as the young waiter helpfully removed the stool. Wish there was one in every airport! We had dry noodles and soup one, and they were both good. Also the Gyozo and edemame as sides/starters are to be recommended.