“Food good, Service a bit slow”
Review of Wagamama

Wagamama
Ranked #7 of 242 Restaurants in Hounslow
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Have some extra time before your flight? Stop off for a fantastic breakfast, lunch or dinner and then hit the nearby shops for a last bit of retail therapy! We offer asian food inspired by the flavours of japan
Nether Whitacre, United Kingdom
“Food good, Service a bit slow”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stopped here for a meal before our flight.

I've been to a few Wagamama's so it really wasn't enough new to me.

However, unlike other Wagamama's i've been to, service was lacking a bit at this branch. The restaurant wasn't to full, and we managed to get a seat close to the windows to look out over the terminals.

We were seated, and then the member of staff left us to it, but had forgot to give us any menus to look at.

Eventually got the menus and ordered and the food arrived. Food was good, and up to the standard of the other branches i've been to.

Overall, nothing to special, being in an airport and just eating to kill time whilst waiting for your flight. Service could have been better and a smile doesn't cost much.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
United Kingdom
“Good Tasty Food -overkill on the service!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

It's a nice option when waiting for a flight. The food was really good quality and surprisingly tasty. However I found the service a bit overkill. I'd only just sat down when i got asked if i was ready to order. I said i wanted another five minutes but the waiter just stood over me and kept giving me all sorts of recommendations, I found it all a bit uncomfortable and intimidating. In the end I took one of his recommendations just to get the waiter to move away from me! Found it ridiculous to be pay £18 for a bowl of noodles and a glass of mineral water!

Milan, Italy
“Good quality food - need to be more service oriented”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The menu covers all asian - fusion dishes, quality is good. The place is clean, the service is slow on pick hours (so unfortunately I was there at 6pm..). Price is okay 12£ for a main dish and a beer is not so expensive (compared to what you can get in other european aiport restaurants)!

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Tasty, good food served quickly”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I was surprised to find a Wagamama's in Terminal 5. The family wanted to have a full meal before our 12 hour flight and we decided that we know Wagamama's at home so why not. Ali was our waiter and he was excellent. If you are lucky enough to have him as your waiter you will not be disappointed. He couldn't do enough for us. He helped us with menu selection which is the same as landside and then the food arrived promptly.

The view from the restaurant is of the runway and the planes are clearly visible so you can watch all the action from your seats. This restaurant has the banquet seating as well as canteen seating.

• Visited August 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
“Until they put a Wagamama in the D.C.-area...”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

...the Terminal 5 one will remain my "go-to" Wagamama. I go when I have at least 45 minutes before my next flight boards. Service is efficient. I've always enjoyed the chicken katsu curry, so I can't speak for any of the other dishes. For fellow Diet Coke drinkers, they have it available in a bottle for 2.20 pounds; no refills. The only Wagamama in the U.S. is in Boston, and since I tend to travel through LHR Terminal 5 more often that I do Boston, this is where I'll have to get my Wagamama fix. I've been to both Wagamamas in Boston, as well as two others in Central London, and this location in Terminal 5 is no better or worse than any of them, hence I'm giving it an average rating.

• Visited August 2012