“Watch out for the coffee machine”

Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 20, 2011

First time here since they improved their Executive lounge & I do like the extra space, only downside it’s situated by reception & the executive rooms are on the fifth floor.
Wifey had an electric shock from the coffee machine in the lounge, turns out that they were cleaning or filling it up and had left it open and unsupervised, before she realised the situation – ZAP. Informed me of this some time after the fact as she knew I would make a quite justified scene.
Handed a code for free internet at check in due to gold status but cost of internet still appeared on my bill the following morning, which they duly removed after I queried it.
Prices still way, way too expensive in the restaurants so after years of staying & paying the extortionate prices I've now decided to walk to terminal 4 and have dinner and a drink in the pub at the airport.

1  Thank Treborwf
Write a ReviewReviews (4,173)

Reviewed February 19, 2011

Another great Hilton hotel.

Never heard a thing from room and it is well equipped. I am Diamond at Hilton so I was on 2nd floor / HH floor north. I had a great room looking into the lobby. Executive level room was good and has US power outlet very helpful never heard a sound.

Staff is great and speaks many languages and helpful to get you where you need to go.

Room was clean a modern. Plenty of plugs for phone, laptop etc. Water pressure was great and no shortage of hot water.

Honors lounge is great, trendy and very nicely equipped and helpful. I stay every here trip to UK or the EU. I can not say enough about the lounge hours are great; food changes all day and unlimited soda/water fruit.
What you would expect from the Hilton. PC’s ,printing, fax machine and a little room with sofa to watch the sports, news etc…

Would recommend but you will need your walking shoes. Get off plane walk to customs, grab luggage find train (Free transfer) from my terminal to T4 then walked to Hilton walkway where your 10-12 minute walk to hotel starts. Well lit and very comfortable even in Feb. It seems longer when you are tired. No issues with walking back to terminal and then train to terminal 1 but plan on 30 minutes. Hilton will take you for a fee to T5 and then you take free trains to other terminals which I have done before but after a good night sleep no issue with walking.

Price was ~ 150 USD and was worth every penny.

Reviewed February 18, 2011

I needed a place to stay for an overnight transit at Heathrow and got the Hilton London Heathrow through Hotwire.com at a very low price. Even though this hotel is connected to Terminal 4 (a seven minute walk from the departures level), I cannot recommend this hotel for two reasons:

1)The beds are crappy. I had one full bed in my room, and the quality was that of a 2* hotel; the bed was hard and the pillows were poor. With other 4* hotels rolling out high-end beds/bedding, Hilton needs to get up to speed and improve the beds.

2)The housekeeping was mediocre at best. When I walked into the hotel, I was impressed with the condition and cleanliness of the lobby and other public areas. However, once I drifted into the hallway for the rooms, things got grimy. Then, when I entered my room, I noticed the housekeeper just did a quick clean and certainly paid no attention to details. I opted to clean the toilet and flushing handle myself since they seemed dirty; this room was definitely in need of a deep clean (mold forming in the shower/floor of the bathroom, carpets need to be shampooed, etc.).

Given these two main problems, I did experience some enjoyable parts of my stay. The wireless Internet connection from my room was excellent (BT OpenZone). I readily got 4Mb/sec down and 2Mb/sec up when connected. There are a couple of paid options; I bought the 24-hour pass for 9.99 pounds (includes VAT).

There was a US plug in the room (albeit only one) which was helpful as I forgot to pack my power plug adapter. Also, the toiletries were excellent.

The room was small at about 250 square feet (which is fine for a transit hotel). However, I was disappointed to find the safe in the room cannot accommodate a 15" laptop. Shame.

Final Thoughts:
I did not have high expectations for a transit hotel, but this Hilton needs to upgrade their beds/pillows, have housekeeping improve the quality of their service, and deep clean the rooms more often. Then, this hotel would be a solid 4* transit hotel.

1  Thank traveler927534971
Reviewed February 15, 2011

We had a flight from Terminal 5 in noon time and therefore stayed in Hilton Heathrow the day before in order to avoid rushing to airport from Canterbury in the morning. We arrived Heathrow Central Terminal by coach but still a long way to reach Hilton which is in Terminal 4. From Terminal 4, there is a bridge directing you to the hotel. Although it said only taking 6 mins walk, I think I used 10 mins!
The room is comfortable, but the bed is too soft. They have a very thick and double layer glass for window. Therefore, you will not hear any take off noise from airport. Very good!
In the evening, we were planning to go for dinner in Terminal 4, but not many choices. In the end, we spent 2 hours to go to Terminal 3 to get some take away foods for dinner in hotel. Please note the inter-terminal transfer is free but usually take many mins to wait for the train!
We checked out at 10:45am. We found there is a BA check-in kiosk in lobby and therefore would like to print out the boarding pass. But the printer is not working probably. Fortunately, the staff assisted us and got the boarding pass printed. We also used the Hilton free transfer service to Terminal 5. It takes 10-15mins to arrive T5, which is very good service.

1  Thank Bird-Bird-Blogger
Reviewed February 13, 2011

Fourth stay in two years and a much improved experience this time.

Took an a upgrade to an Executive room. The room showed obvious signs of recent refurbishment to a very high standard. Slept well with very good room-to-room noise insulation and good room to corridor and outside world insulation too.

All staff were back to being friendly, professional and very helpful. The Executive Lounge is now fully staffed, relaxing and well served with drinks and snacks.

Breakfast I chose to take in the main restaurant - a wide range of freshly cooked choices. If you like a "full English" they do a good one here.

In short, somebody has taken charge at this property and dragged it back up where it should be. I'm glad they did - it's a top class airport hotel

Reviewed February 10, 2011

I had a 15 hour layover and didn't want to sleep in the airport. Checkin was fast. The room was very pleasant and clean. The sheets were very especially nice. It was quiet. I took the train from terminal 3 to 4 and then the covered walkway to the hotel. Allow about a half hour for that.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed February 8, 2011

I am a long-time HHonors Diamond level member. Normally I stay at the Hilton Paddington when in London and then take the Heathrow Express out to catch my flights back to the US. For whatever reason, call it a whim, I booked a room at this hotel. What a mistake. Never again.

Make no mistake, if you want the convenience of a hotel essentially a short walk from LHR Terminal 4, and if you don't mind having your wallet sucked dry for what amounts to a small room in a transient hotel, then by all means stay here.

Management clearly knows that in most cases guests are in transit and aren't likely to return. The result is a monopolistic attitude. The rooms in this five-floor hotel are among the smallest I have ever encountered at a Hilton. The rooms are on both sides of long hallways; the hotel has an atrium (like an Embassy Suites) and so some rooms have windows facing in to the atrium, while others have outside views.

As mentioned above, the rooms are exceptionally small. In fairness, the rooms are nicely furnished, and have comfortable bedding. In addition, the bathrooms are clean, well-maintained, and offer all the amenities one would expect.

Even for an airport location, this Hilton has an outrageous rate scheme, and on top of that literally every extra one could think of is charged for at breathtaking rates, whether for internet access or food/beverages at one of the restaurants.

If you have a very, very early morning flight out of LHR, and if you are tied to the Hilton brand, and if you are willing to pay a premium for your lodging, then this hotel may be for you. On the other hand, if your flight leaves LHR any time after, say, noon, then in my judgment you are far better off staying "in town" at the Paddington Hilton (which offers lower rates, much larger rooms, and many dining options outside the hotel at reasonable prices). As it is, I cannot recommend this hotel to you

1  Thank Flying_Lawyer