4,530 results
All reviews covered walkway chinese restaurant the executive lounge minute walk long walk next morning free train an early flight london heathrow airport one night stay car park an overnight stay between flights good nights sleep hoppa bus oscars concierge
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We spent a night layover at the HH recently. The train from terminal 2 to terminal 4 is free, and there is a covered walkway from T4 to the hotel, as others have mentioned it is a decent 5 minute walk. The hotel has rooms on either side of a main atrium, with glass walls on the other two sides, giving it a feeling of space and light. Check in was smooth, we were presented with a complimentary cocktail which was a nice touch. We dined in the Italian themed restaurant (one of three choices; chinese and a casual eatery making up the other two) which was surprisingly good, and afterwards retired to our surprisingly quiet room. The room was quite compact, but there was plenty of room. The bathroom was very well designed, with great pressure from the shower. If you don't fancy going all the way into the city the night before an early flight, this is a good solid option

Room Tip: Rooms that don't face the atrium might be quieter, our outward facing room was very quiet
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Jurgen S, General Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear " g n"

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review, I was happy to read your feedback and learn of the great experience you had.

We hope you went on to have a safe trip and hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here one night after a very long flight from Australia prior to flying on to Europe. The location was very convenient to Terminal 4. Walking distance.
The room was reasonable size for an airport hotel. It happened to be my husband’s birthday and staff had decorated our room and left a nice bottle of wine for him. We were surprised to find a very nice in house restaurant Zen Oriental. Lovely food befitting the occasion. All together a very good experience.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear "Sue M"

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay and husbands special occasion, we hope he had a lovely birthday!

We are delighted to receive such positive comments and look forward to a future visit from you both.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have stayed here many times before and enjoyed every stay. Breakfast is plentiful, the executive lounge is great and service is usually excellent. Most recently they’ve started to randomly serve cava and strawberries in the executive lounge which already has free alcohol (but no cava) during happy hour - a nice touch! Conveniently located in T4 and a no brainer if you’re staying in Heathrow. Rooms are very comfortable and sound proof.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear "michel s"

Thank you for your 5* review. With many hotels in the are we are grateful you chose ours. We are happy to hear how much you enjoy our executive lounge experience and find our rooms to be comfortable.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hilton London Heathrow very soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel was very nice. However there is a pretty substantial walk from Terminal 4. They call it a 6 minute walk but felt like I walked from a whole 'nother terminal. There was a sign for transport cart...but didn't feel like finding out how long the wait was for that.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear "grey_squirrels"

Thank you for sharing your feedback, I am sorry that you found the travel between the terminal and hotel to be long. Please note that at the start of the tunnel there is a sign and a phone to call the hotel to arrange for the complimentary buggy pick up, i am sorry you did not get to enjoy this service.

We hope you may consider a future stay with us.

Best regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I booked the Hilton Heathrow Airport Hotel because I was staying with friends in South East London, and didn't want to deal with the arduous hour+ early morning drive to get to the airport before a flight. When I called to book, I was told the hotel was 15 minutes to Terminal 5 (because I had also thought about booking the Sofitel, which is located at Terminal 5, but wanted to save myself the extra 30 pounds). They said there was a 5 Pound shuttle to the airport that ran frequently.

My check-in upon arrival was efficient, the hotel had accurately noted that I requested a foam mattress. The room was on the small side, but for one person, was adequate, clean and tasteful.

The shower had *amazing* water pressure. The hotel provided Crabtree & Evelyn pleasantly and lightly scented Lemon Verbena products: shampoo, body lotion, conditioner, bath gel and bar soap. While the shampoo and conditioner were ample for two showers, the bath gel was one use only, so I had to use the bar soap in the morning. Towels provided were adequate for one night, as were washcloths (a rarity in European hotels).

The room appeared very well cared for aside from one missing closet bar (you could tell it had broken off, but hadn't been replaced).

The room was very quiet for an airport hotel. I slept well.

I had eaten dinner in Central London, but I noted that upon my arrival around 9:30pm, that the hotel was still offering several dining options. And there were several patrons at the hotel bar that appeared to be enjoying themselves.

As an experiment, I took the Piccadilly Line from Kings Cross all the way to Terminal 4: it took about an hour. As the Eurostar from Paris arrives to St Pancras/Kings Cross, I found it convenient, and the London tube system is humane with ample escalators and elevators, so it's a dream if you have manageable luggage (a big improvement to airport public transit in New York City). I would take the tube to Heathrow again.

The Hilton hotel itself is conveniently connected directly to Terminal 4 by 10-minute walk via an overhead bridge.

And if I were flying out of Terminal 4, I would gladly stay at this Hilton again.

**However, I felt misled about the ease of transferring to Terminal 5 in the early morning when booking the room. The shuttle to Terminal 5 was 5 Pounds, and while part of me felt that this should have been a free service offered by the hotel, the cost was nominal.

When I arrived to the hotel I inquired for the Terminal 5 shuttle schedule, and was told the shuttles ran at :18 and :48 on the hour, and that the 6am shuttles were always very crowded. Therefore, I got up early in the morning to catch the 5:48 shuttle. I checked out, and the concierge told me the shuttle would be arriving any minute, and to wait at the curb. I waited for 20 minutes at the curb before inquiring again at the concierge desk. He checked a clipboard and said that the shuttle had come. He made a clumsy excuse that he hadn't looked at the time when I had spoken to him earlier - but I had, and I had been on time. At this point, I was annoyed and decided that since I had the extra time, that I would just take the tube transfer. I would rather move than stand around another 20 minutes for the next shuttle.

I walked the 10-minutes back to he Terminal 4 tube station. But instead of every 15-minutes, tube trains were specially signed to instead run every 1/2 hour that morning. I got my free transfer ticket, got on the train, and waited only 10-15 minutes. But to get to Terminal 5 from Terminal 4, one must transfer at the next stop (Terminals 2&3), and get yet a different train (the Heathrow Express) to Terminal 5. Had Platform 1 been better signed to "Terminal 5," I would have likely made the immediate train to Terminal 5, but as I wasn't sure where to go, by the time I was able to ask someone who knew, I watched as my Terminal 5 train left the station. I waited an additional 12 minutes for another Terminal 5 train.

All in all, because I had left so early, I still made it to the airport in time, with ample time to check in and grab a coffee and a quickly delivered breakfast at Terminal 5's Gordon Ramsey's Plane Food restaurant. But it may have been worth the extra 30 pounds to just stay at the Sofitel, located at Terminal 5, to minimize the hassle, which is why I booked at the airport to begin with.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo

Dear " tempscreenname"

Thank you for your very detailed review, we are pleased that overall you found our hotel to your liking and enjoyed many aspects.

I am sorry you experienced some miscommunication about the hoppa bus and then endured a lengthy transfer time, this was most certainly not intentional.

We hope you may consider a future stay with us when travelling out of terminal 4.

Best regards