“Only 1 night, so okay”

Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Only stayed one night as we were flying the next day. We felt a bit stuck when trying to get a meal as it was either something expensive, or something snack like. The room was okay but a little small for a Hilton. There is a walkway from the hotel through to Terminal 4 but it takes about 10 mins to walk it!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear raquelrattle

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel and for leaving positive comments. In terms of the pricing and the not so positive, I appreciate your honesty and kindly assure you that comments will be looked at by colleagues with the view of making changes where possible. Should I be able to help with further specifics, please drop me a line on su.mills@hilton.com, when I will be delighted to investigate and respond further to you.

For now I remain with kind regards and hope to hear from you when the need arises,

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We stayed at the Hilton London Heathrow Terminal 4 on 19/3/2014 for 1 night prior to our flight to New York.

The standards at this Hilton have certainly dropped! The bathroom had mould in it and there was a hole in the enamel of the bath that someone had tried to fix, but failed. There was also a chewing gum wrapper on the floor which the cleaner had obviously missed.

We completed a "how was your stay" card and handed it in the next morning, we also emailed the manager, but have received no reply to either, hence my posting.

We used this hotel because they have a car park where you can leave your car safe in the knowledge that it will not be damaged or stolen.

We are HHonors members but paid full price for this hotel, £212.00 for a one night stay and parking for 8 days. We did not need 8 days parking but we were told that was the only option.

I am fed up of staying at overpriced hotels who think guests will accept below standard rooms, my home does not have mould in the bathroom, why would I want to stay in a hotel that has mould in the bathroom.

I advised reception the following morning about the mould in the bathroom but they were not interested. Unfortunately the Hilton name does not mean quality and service anymore.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bacardiorama
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

bacardiorama

Thank you for posting a comment on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel.

As thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us, your time permitting, would you kindly advise me of your date of stay and room number if indeed you can recall it which will aid me in identifying the room occupied.

I thank you in advance and should there be any further comment you would like to share, I would be more than happy to hear from you and remain for now with kind regards

For speed, please respond, your time permitting, on

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

The rooms at this hotel are of an average standard, but are perfectly adequate for a short stay. The hotel is also handy for Terminal 4, connected by a walkway.

However, the food is extremely expensive (go through into T 4 there're cheaper places to eat). Beverages are also expensive; how the well known coffee outlet located in the lobby can justify charging more than double what it does on the High Street needs some justification.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Puss100

Dear Puss100

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I've used to stay in central London hotels for the duration of my trips, especially on vacation, but then of course there was an ordeal of getting up very early and traveling to LHR to catch my early morning flight back to the States. This time I moved to this hotel the night before my departure and it was a great option - 6 min walk to LHR T4 instead of an hour drive!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Madame_MB

Dear Madame_MB
Thank you for posting such a positive comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport.

We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one and look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

Su.mills@hilton.com

Reviewed March 28, 2014

This hotel is a great location for international layovers, prior to early-morning flights or after late night arrivals. There is a very nice covered walkway from terminal four to the hotel. It's a bit of a hike so be sure to utilize the complementary luggage carts at Heathrow for the extended walk. I've stayed at this airport on several locations. My last visit I stayed in an annex of the hotel and recall a very very long walk and also a very tired room. On this visit I was given a newly remodeled room very close to the lobby and it was absolutely perfect. The rooms are contemporary, have wonderful setups at each bedside table with plug-ins for electronics and great reading lights, and a fantastic shower. Be sure to ask for one of the newly renovated rooms when you stay here. My experience staying in a renovated room completely changed my attitude about this hotel and I'll look forward to staying here on my next trip to London. The executive lounge is also a nice perk with complimentary appetizers and cocktails and breakfast in the morning.

My only complaint? There is no place to blow dry your hair where there is an outlet and mirror in proximity! I encourage hotel management to take a look at this. It seems nit-picky, but in reality it's one of my basic expectations of a hotel room set up.

Room Tip: Be certain to ask for one of the renovated rooms in the main area of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Barbara_RochMN

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain for now with kind regards

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Non-Cleaned room, smell and noise because of construction. Non-responsible staff. Price is not worth of services. Without fixing and upgrading this services is not recommended. Bathroom not cleaned properly, noise because of construction, staff did not offer solution rather they said sorry sir we cant do anything about that.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Burim T

Dear burimt2014

For speed, please respond, your time permitting, on

su.mills@hilton.com

Reviewed March 26, 2014

It's a bit hard to find and you walk down a long walkway to get out to the front door of the hotel, but once you are there, it's quiet and comfortable. It's quite a bit more expensive than other hotels near but not at the airport, so you pay a lot for the convenience of not taking a bus. The rooms are spacious and well furnished. The restaurants are good- very expensive. Breakfast is 40 pounds for 2, and internet is not free. Service was very good.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear AllisonW18

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Sofitel London Heathrow
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!