“What a start to a honeymoon ”

Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

Thank you, Hilton for a lovely start to our Honeymoon
Fantastic executive room with an excellent bathroom.
Service is great from a friendly staff. Good choice of restaurants, reasonably priced. Good lounge available for executive rooms offering food and drink until 8.30pm.

Ideal for terminal 4

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear BryanBjorn

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain for now with kind regards

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I stayed here twice within one week.

The first stay was with my teen son and he was leaving early the next morning from Terminal 4 - the most difficult thing was finding the street entrance and in the end we walked up the exit ramp since it was one way. Check-in was very smooth we were given Room 252 that had two twin beds that overlooked the back of the property towards the terminal. I needed an adaptor and the concierge lent me one with a ten pound deposit that I got back at check-out. There was water in the room. Smallish bathroom but all the amenities that were needed - soap (basin and shower), shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, razor and toothbrushes.

We were offered a fee for breakfast and internet that I took.

We had room service for a meal - shepherd's pie for me and fish and chips for my son. Both were good.

Breakfast in the restaurant the next morning was a wide selection of cooked and cold buffet.

Beds were comfortable and no noise from the airport.

Covered walkway to the terminal was a quick 10 minutes with the luggage.

Next stay was just me - room 263. My room overlooked the foyer. However, wished they had warned me that with the light on in the room everyone can see up into the room - did not realize until after I had got dressed. Think there should be a warning to close the curtains if you do not want people to see into the room. I had a queen bed, but other wise expected everything to be the same. Not so. There was a US plug outlet available - this was not in the other room, so was a nice surprise. More surprises - larger bathroom, but only one soap - but a massaging soap, no razor. Huge bottle of water. Had again done the breakfast an internet deal - and breakfast was good again.

It was nice to be able to walk my luggage over, check-in for the flight, and then come back and spend another hour or so in the room before checking out.

Will be staying here again when I leave out of Terminal 4, but requesting a room that does not overlook the foyer.

Room Tip: If you want a room overlooking the foyer - 262, if privacy room -253
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AussieNarelle
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear AussieNarelle

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Once an icon, but now, just a functional, very tired looking Hilton hotel, which relies on its name and the airport traveller. Whilst the In house Chinese restaurant is good, and the bar area was nicely laid out, the rooms, including the business rooms, the general public areas, (lifts, stairwells, corridors etc.), the bathrooms were all very tired looking, all in need of a refurbishment plan, some new paint, more modern facilities in the rooms, and just a general freshen up

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear chrismranger

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel and let me also take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us. We are pleased to let you know that the refurbishment of the hotel guest rooms has now started.

We are very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and welcome the opportunity of you staying again when we can exceed your expectations next time around.

If in the meantime I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help and remain for now with kind regards

Reviewed December 11, 2013

It is convenient located in Terminal 4...just 8 minutes walking from the Terminal. Staff was friendly and my room was clean...that is all what I need for an airport hotel! Can't comment about the restaurant because I went to Terminal 3 and had dinner there.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Dear MaiteQatar

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I have previously reviewed this Hilton hotel at Terminal 4 and once again I found it to be an excellent choice for anyone departing from Terminal 4 at Heathrow.

In brief, the hotel is accessed by a long corridor direct from the terminal 4 departure area. it takes about 5 minutes to walk to the hotel and you can take your baggage trolley.

The hotel is very modern, spacious and beautifully designed. probably the best Hilton I have used to date and I have stayed in several.

Reception was friendly and efficient. The room was modern, spacious and well equipped.
We enjoyed a nice meal in the Oscars restaurant, there are two other restaurants on offer on the ground floor. Food was good and staff were friendly and efficient.

We received our invoice under our bedroom door and simply signed it and deposited it in a box at reception as we left. A five minute walk back up the covered walkway brought us directly into the Terminal 4 departures and check in area.

Overall an excellent choice for anyone with an early morning departure from Terminal 4 at Heathrow. I will certainly use this excellent hotel again in the same situation.

Room Tip: Use a Hilton Honors card if you have one for a better room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HarryG_Belfast

Dear HarryG_Belfast

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We've been here three times in the past 6 months and this hotel is probably the worst airport hotel we have stayed at in the past several years of extensive travel. The rooms are shabbier and my wife smelled urine in the room last time. The executive lounge is the worse we have seen; we showed up 20 minutes before closing time and could not get either a drink or a coffee. The attendant had closed it all up so she could be out the door on the hour. We went back the next night earlier but apparently no matter when you go, getting a wine was impossible. The staff is just apathetic in the lounge and the manager of the hotel is no where to be found. I guess if you are the only Hilton there, you figure you have a trapped loyalty program membership, so why bother? We won't go back as there are many better Hiltons and hotels in London, even if you have to go a little further than Heathrow.

Room Tip: Don't bother.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear JDB1958

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I was disappointed to read you that you had a poor experience with us.

I do apologies for these disappointments, your comments regarding the service in the Executive Lounge has been forwarded to the Department Manger who has spoken to the members of staff involved and retraining has been given where necessary.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

This hotel is connected to terminal 4, but you have to walk almost 10 minutes to get there (via a covered walkway). If leaving from terminal 5, they have a bus shuttle which will get you there much faster than walking back to terminal 4 and taking the airport train, however that bus shuttle is not free and doesn't accept credit cards!(I found out the hard way)
I asked for a quiet room and was given an interior room, which was very quiet with no plane noise at all.
They have an executive club for Hilton Honors members, but I did not have a chance to check it out.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear jeangot

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Sofitel London Heathrow
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!