“Functional Airport Hotel”

Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed for a business meeting for one night on the executive floor.

The receptionist was friendly and told me that she gave me gratis wifi out of sympathy as I had had a bad journey. I arrived late and asked about food, and was directed to the bar in the atrium. The bar snack sandwich was ok, but I was a bit surprised by the hefty service charge on top of steep prices.

The room on the executive floor was clean and nicely furnished. It was noisy until about 0200 due to laughter from the late night drinkers echoing up through the central atrium. I live on a busy road and a bit of partying doesn't usually disturb me, so I dozed off despite the noise.

The facilities for a business meeting were fine. I found the executive lounge the next day near to the hotel entrance. This had some tasty soup - free of charge - which would have been just right, had I known about it on the previous evening. I wondered why I had not been directed there by my friendly receptionist, but perhaps it was closed.

Room Tip: Suggest ask for a room that is distant from the echoing atrium in case there is late night partying...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear asclepios

Thank you for posting a comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or another stay, please mail me on :- su.mills@hilton.com

With regards and thanks again,

Write a ReviewReviews (4,132)

Reviewed December 7, 2013

The Hilton is walking distance from Terminal 4 and thus a good choice if you have an early flight - rather then waking up 4AM in the city. Room quality is very good, and there are 3 restaurants in the lobby. I booked for a single and oddly enough there was a single bed and not the customary double.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank uri123

Dear uri123

Thank you for posting a comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport and I am pleased to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this by answering any specific points raised, or perhaps assistance on a future stay, please mail me on :-
su.mills@hilton.com

With regards and many thanks again,

Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here the night before our flight from t4. Room was clean and comfy and a good standard.
Reception were very helpful and lobby area was nice and fresh.
We took the sky walk to t4 on the evening and ate in the pub there as it was cheaper and only took 5 mins to walk. Would recommend and will be using again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear mp8625

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain for now with kind regards

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Fantastic hotel, great service, amenities and value for money. First time and very impressed. Would definitely use again. The lobby area is very impressive and gives an air of quality. The staff were very helpful, the room very comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Julie-Anne H

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed here for a night, prior to leaving for Las Vegas. The room we were given was clean, spacious and had all the amenities and very well sound proofed given it's location to the airport. Check in and Check out were quick and very efficient. Breakfast in the morning was very nice with the freshly prepared omelette very tasty. Would definitely stay here again, thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: Sure you wouldn't be disappointed with any of them.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear DaJo_1966

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Spent one night at the Hilton prior to a morning flight out of Terminal 4 which is the only reason I can imagine staying at this hotel. We walk pretty quickly so it only took us 5 minutes to walk to the terminal. The front desk staff were fine during check-in. Our room was on the second floor - identified as the Hilton Honors floor - but it did not seem any different. The room itself was tired. I do not understand the inability to control mold in showers - ours had it in the corners which was unpleasant. The real complaint was at checkout. Thankfully we reviewed the folio which included a double charge for early check in - and a charge for the mini bar we never used. The front desk person acted as though this was no big deal which makes me think they do this routinely.
Despite the shortcomings, I would probably stay here again if I had a morning flight out of Terminal 4.

Dear JanDeaux

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion and it is very regrettable that we did not have the opportunity to speak with you before you left us.

I am happy to advise that there is a refurbishment planned, nevertheless, so we can check the room for ourselves, it would be appreciated if you could let us know your room number or name/date of stay to do this. Perhaps I could mention that the minibars as in many hotels work on a sensor system and once opened and items moved it registers at reception as a sale and this may well be why the Receptionist was familiar with your comment.

My email address is:- su.mills@hilton.com and for now I remain with kind regards

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Not the nearest hotel to terminal 5 where I fly from but its so familiar and comfortable that I keep going back.
Check in was great, I didn't fancy the room they gave me but they bent over backwards, even though almost full to change me to something acceptable.
Usually staff in the executive lounge are very cold but the female employee (who said that was her first day there after moving from switchboard) was absolutely fantastic, she was even giving me jet lag tips and asking everybody she came across if she could get them a drink.
Had a newly refurbished room on the 4th floor which my wife and I both liked.
Only negative parts are that the executive lounge food is still consistently bad, and even though I mentioned it in a review months ago and had a reply from the hotel that it would sorted straight away, the in room hotel guide lists the shuttle bus to terminal 5 as being complimentary - which it is not.

Dear Treborwf

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel and let me also take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us.

We are very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and welcome the opportunity of you staying again when we can exceed your expectations next time around. I do apologise that you have need to comment on the food in the Executive Lounge and have forwarded your comment to our Manager for action,

If in the meantime I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help and remain for now with kind regards