“Connected to the airport, but not worth it”

Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersGold level
San Francisco, California
“Connected to the airport, but not worth it”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

There are 2 Hilton airport properties and we stayed at both. The plus for this one is that it's actually connected to the airport, so you can walk to it and not pay for a cab or the Hopper bus. The negative (and this is a HUGE negative) is that the rooms are gross. The hotel's lobby looks pretty modern, but the rooms are dreadfully outdated and just felt dirty. The other Hilton is modern, clean, new and fresh ... so going from that to this was a stark contrast. If we did the trip again, we would pay the few extra bucks and take the Hopper so the other Hilton. Would NEVER stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank traveltrotter50
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear traveltrotter50

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I was disappointed to read your review.

Your comments about the condition of the rooms has been noted and would advise you tht we are in the process of refurbishing the rooms at the present time.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (605)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I seldom arrive into Terminal 5 these days but was disappointed to see that the Iris passport scheme has ceased and later found that the courtesy bus to Hilton T4 had also stopped. In this case, the hotel is now served by the Hoppa bus, which costs £7-8 for a return journey. I had to phone the hotel to see what was going on with this bus as it did not appear as scheduled, finally appearing 20 minutes late. Given that it serves only this hotel, it is hard to see how this can happen.
Upon arrival, I was informed that no upgrades were available (Diamond member, booked weeks in advance) which merely added to my annoyance. After speaking to the manager, I was given a complimentary taxi the following morning for my next flight.
Apart from this, my stay was typically good here (I have stayed at this hotel over 50 times). I had another wonderful meal in Zen Restaurant, where Anthony and the staff are first class. The bar is expensive (as is Zen), but again the staff, particularly Sara and Linda, stand out. Breakfast in the Exec Lounge is good, although the toaster should be retired.
To sum up, this hotel had an advantage with the courtesy bus. Now it uses the Hoppa system, Hilton T5 is a more attractive option when I travel through Terminal 5- it has better, bigger rooms and good restaurants. If it wasn't for Zen and the excellent staff in T4, I would certainly consider looking elsewhere more often.

Dear SilkCut_10

I do apologies for the disappointment you experienced regarding the free shuttle bus however the Airport Authorities would not allow is to have a renewed licence (as you will be aware this hotel was the only one who did) to run a private shuttle. The Hotel Hoppa bus serves other hotels and terminals on its run after calling at Hilton Terminal 4. We constantly monitor the service provided by the Hoppa service and provide feedback to National Express who provide the service.

Los Angeles
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Comfortable beds, open contemporary lobby and restaurant, pleasant service and CONVENIENT. Executive rooms are certainly better than standard and it isn't the best Hilton property but it does the trick.

Room Tip: The executive rooms are far better than standard.
Dear jahlie

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

Your comments about the condition of the rooms has been noted and we are in the process of planning a refurbishment on rooms soon.

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain for now with kind regards
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We were on the third floor, overlooking the lobby. Room was lovely, comfortable and clean, nice lighting and very quiet. Reception staff were very polite and professional. Best thing was its proximity to the airport - just a five minute walk along a tunnel to get to the terminal the next morning (and even better - just five minutes back to our car at the end of our holiday). We weren't there long enough to try the restaurants or breakfast service so cannot comment on those. but we would definitely recommend it if you have an early flight out of terminal 4. We got a good hotel+parking deal via the Holiday Extras website.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Le332

Thank you for posting a comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport and I am pleased to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this by answering any specific points raised, or perhaps assistance on a future stay, please mail me on :-
su.mills@hilton.com

With regards and many thanks again,
Santa Clara
Reviewed October 18, 2013

If you're coming to London for a visit or a shopping trip, this is NOT the hotel for you. Above all - it's far. Really far from London city center- about an hour on the train or underground. You could take a taxi, then traveling time would be a little less- around 40 min, but that will cost you 60 pounds.
Except for that, the hotel is average, a little dated (the bath is worn-out, as is the arm chair), and the room is tiny.
On the up side, the bed is super comfortable, the water pressure was great and warm, the breakfast was very very nice and rich. The workers are all helpful, very nice and friendly. Also, rooms are super quiet -you'd never know you're at an airport.

Dear DaniellaThatsMe

Penzance
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Our first time staying at a Hilton Hotel and terminal 4. We usually fly from terminal 3 and stay in another hotel connected to the terminal. We booked an executive room and found the room absolutely lovely. The bathroom with wetroom and shower fittings especially attractive. I do not quite know what we expected, but we were pleased. The staff very friendly on check in and throughout our stay. We used the club lounge - slightly disappointed this was on the ground floor with no view, but the facilities were good. We left too early for breakfast so can give no comment. We ate at Zen Restaurant and found the food superb (if slightly expensive even for a hotel restaurant). The staff were very friendly. Would not hesitate to recommend and stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mandkPenzance
Dear mandkPenzance

Espoo, Finland
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed here for one night in October 2013. After reading reviews about this hotel my expectations were quite high but unfortunately they were not met.

Good:
- Friendly and quick check-in and check-out
- Short distance from Terminal 4
- Shower was OK and warm water came instantly (not always the norm in UK)
- Room & bad were clean and I slept well

Needs improving:
- My executive level room was quite dated and wear and tear was clearly visible. The room looked like it was build in late 90's and not maintained too much since. Old style look & feel would have been OK but once the wear-and-tear starts to leave marks to furniture and walls of the rooms it would be time to spend some money in maintenance and cleaning. When I pay more than 200 pounds per night I would expect to get much better than this hotel had to offer.
- Breakfast at executive lounge was really basic (even more basic than these lounge breakfasts typically are) and not much more than coke, juice, basic cereals and limited selection of bread/fruits were available.

Overall the experience was not positive and I will try not to stay here again.

Dear Jake_The_Traveller

Thank you for your comment posted on TripAdviser. We value feedback from our guests as without that we are unable to improve our high level of service.

The hotel is beginning a refurbishment of all our bedrooms at the end of the year and we are sure that our guests will be very pleased with the result.

I was a little concerned about your comment relating to the Executive Lounge breakfast. I have just been into the Lounge and wonder if you only went to one of the food stations as your comment seems to relate to the station at the end of the lounge. The other station which is opposite the entrance carries a full english breakfast range and looks very delicious.

I do hope you have the opportunity of visiting us again one day soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Sofitel London Heathrow
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!