“Excellent Stay and Staff Attitude....” 4 of 5 stars

Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersGold level
Alexandria
“Excellent Stay and Staff Attitude....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

A one night stay but it was very nice and pleasant. Agnes at check-in was very courteous and customer friendly...Then especially would like to mention Heymantha from room service as he was extremely helpful and did really go the extra mile to satisfy my special dietary requirements...lol Many thanks to the whole staff as everyone who I came across was very nice. It was my most probably 5th time and again very positive. Will definitely stay there again...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Sosulka

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel and let me also take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us.

We are very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and welcome the opportunity of you staying again when we can exceed your expectations next time around.

If in the meantime I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help and remain for now with kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Lincolnshire, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Although flying from Terminal 5 we chose this hotel as you can walk directly into T4, and we figured that would give us something to do in the evening. Well, yes, you can walk, but it's a VERY long way. Anyway, we checked in and asked for a wake-up call at 5.45am. An American gentleman was having an argument with a member of staff in reception at the time - not sure what about.
The restaurant was hugely overpriced, so we slogged it into the terminal building and had a very nice reasonably priced meal at 'The Windsor Castle' - a Wetherspoon establishment located in the airport. Can highly recommend it.
We did NOT get our wake-up call in the morning - luckily one of us was awake anyway. We caught the shuttle bus to T5, which was a very efficient service.
In short, the hotel is very expensive and service lacking. We would not stay there again if it wasn't for the convenience of going into T4 in the evening for something to eat and drink. I have stayed in much better Hiltons round the world at much better prices.

Room Tip: Take your own alarm clock!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Frostycat

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion and it is very regrettable that we did not have the opportunity to speak with you before you left us.

I do hope you will give us a chance to show you that we really do value your loyalty and if I can assist you with a future booking I would be most pleased to offer a benefit to you.

Kind regards
morgantown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed the night before our flight home and would recommend for the convenience and overall good experience. It is a 5-7 minute walk from terminal 4. We found the staff to be polite and friendly when checking in and out. The room was nice, clean, comfortable and quiet. We departed from terminal 3 which was no problem, the free connection train from terminal 4 was very easy to use and quick.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear mgtnjm

Thank you for posting a comment on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

If I can assist you further before I'd be happy to hear from you and ask that you contact me on the below e-mail address.
su.mills@hilton.com

chicago, Il
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Aged. Hilton with a need for customer service update...dinner service poor, took forever, and we were serviced by a variety of wait staff in the Italian restaurant..ordered a taxi and young man at desk on sept. 18th was condescending and border line rude...rooms were ok, if dated...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear owenmeany15

Thank you for posting a comment on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel.

Thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us and this said, your time permitting, would you kindly advise me of your date of stay which will very much identify colleagues on duty at the time so I can show them firsthand the repercussions of actions.

I thank you in advance and should there be any further comment you would like to share, I would be more than happy to hear from you and remain for now with kind regards

contactable on: su.mills@hilton.com
Tegucigalpa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed one night, Aug. 21 and chose Hilton for it's location, the walk through to Heathrow is about 7 min. but easy and good connections to the terminals via the train. I have been impressed with Hilton recently and found this hotel and staff pleasant and efficient. Great layout for the bar/snack bar and resturant, which allows different social groups, e.g. families, businessmen, to accomodate according to their needs. Liked it and would it whenever using Heathrow.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Hatillo

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain for now with kind regards
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

On the executive floor - no bathtub, tv broken. Slow to answer service "hotline.". Long line at check-in. No shuttle service to T1-4. Bar staff excellent and food surprisingly good. VERY expensive. Good for T4, and little else.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Scarisbrick

As thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us, your time permitting, would you kindly advise me of your date of stay and room number if indeed you can recall it which will aid me in identifying the room occupied.

For speed, please respond, your time permitting, on

su.mills@hilton.com
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel on the Executive Floor, the room had no bathtub but a very nice shower. One of the executive lounge attendants, Steven, is excellent and appeared to be always on his feet attending to guests needs.

However when he is not on duty the service is at best unpredictable and at worst, abysmal. I saw one young guest in the lounge who came to refresh his room cards, he appeared to be some sort of VIP member of their guest programme, being humiliated in front of other guests by a female attendant called Magda.

The coffee machine in the lounge is very strange and appears to start spewing steam/water on its own initiative so be cautious with it.

Aside from the lounge issues, Zen restaurant is excellent and highly recommended, rumoured to have a Michelin-starred chef but I am not sure. The bar opens late and closes early, sometimes too early. Concierges are helpful but not well trained. The Hotel Hoppa can be avoided by taking the 420 bus for free to Terminal 5. Overall a decent hotel and I expect to stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: Ring in advance to secure a good room or if you wish to have a bathtub.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Edward P

Thank you for posting a comment on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

I do apologies for the disappointments you had with one of our staff in the Executive Lounge our Front of House Manager has been made aware and will review accordingly.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on : su.mills@hilton.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Sofitel London Heathrow
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!