“Airport Hilton Heathrow”

GreenLeadersGold level
Sydney, Australia
“Airport Hilton Heathrow”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed overnight after a long flight from Australia. Many thanks to young Matthew at Reception. Was so helpful to us, and made our experience an enjoyable one, so much that we have booked again to stay there on our way back to Australia. Thank you

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear John B

Thank you for your lovely comment following your stay at our hotel. I have forwarded a copy of your compliment to Matthew and he also looks forward to meeting with you again on your return trip.

I do hope you have enjoyed your travels and have a safe onward journey.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (628)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ivybridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Arrival, departure and waiting staff, cannot fault the any of them at this hotel, they went out of their way to assist and make things simple and without hassle... I was post op' on arrival and they were fabulous without making me feel useless. Also saw staff with families on arrival, they helped and recognised the demands of young children...

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank skinnilatte
Dear skinnilatte

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on Trip Adviser. Your kind comments regarding our staff her eat Hilton London Heathrow Airport are much appreciated. While we strive to offer a supreme service to our guests it is always encouraging to receivive such a positive comment.

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night with a Park and Fly package booked back in February. Inter-connecting clean spacious rooms ideal for quick stay, ate in Terminal 4 Weatherspoon pub (great food and service). Ideal location and secure car parking with 24 hour parking attendant. Will definately stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Bellieboo
Dear Bellieboo

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you gain to the hotel.

Kind regards
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This hotel is so convenient for anyone who needs a place to stay after coming or before going to Terminal 4. It's a very decent Hilton: it's very clean, and the staff is very helpful. My room service breakfast was tasty, and I slept even better than I was expecting after a long day in the air.

However, the prices are almost ridiculously high. My breakfast cost over £20: it was good, but it wasn't worth £20. I imagine that this is mostly due to the fact that the hotel is indeed an airport hotel, but that doesn't make the bill any easier to stomach.

Again, though, the convenience outweighed this for me.

Room Tip: The second floor is reserved for HHonors customers.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank fantastalistic13
Dear fantastalistic13

Noted are your comments on prices and as much as we try to keep in line with hotels in the local area, I am sorry you feel we are expensive.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My favourite airport hotel probably due to the fact that it is attached to the terminal 4 (by a 5-10 minute walk way).

This stay was pretty much like every other that I've had here apart from on this occasion there were three things that stood out:

Numerous ‘clean’ plates both in the executive lounge and the main restaurant still had food stains on them – obviously their dishwasher isn't doing its job properly and dirty plates is not what I expect from a Hilton.

In room hotel guide states that there is a complimentary shuttle service to terminal 5, I had noticed that the electronic sign by the concierge advertising the sale of shuttle tickets.
Haven't needed to take the shuttle to T5 for well over a year so went to enquire which was correct for next time I use it - informed that the in room hotel guide was incorrect.
I would imagine that there are some awkward situations where people are boarding the bus thinking that it is free.

Whilst standing by the concierge desk I heard a lady enquiring about places to eat at terminal 4, she was informed that the only food options at the terminal were for breakfast and sandwiches.
I had to mention to the lady that the information given to her was incorrect as there is a Café Rouge restaurant and a Weatherspoon pub, both with comprehensive full menus.
I myself always eat at the pub when staying at this Hilton, surely the concierge should know this basic information.

4 Thank Treborwf
Dear Treborwf

From your comments I understand that you were under the impression that there was a free shuttle from the hotel to Terminal 5. Unfortunately due to Airport strategy this was ceased in July this year and all hotels now have to use the Hotel Hoppa service to bring passengers from the terminals to the hotels. I apologise that this information has not been updated in our in room book, a matter which I will deal with immediately.

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain for now with kind regards,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 24, 2013

stayed at the Hilton at T4 London Heathrow Airport, just 1 night as was early for an assignment. At check in, reception at the counter was not very friendly, no upgrades as I had requested for smoking room and none was available on the Exec Floor. Thus, not given lounge access, but was given continental breakfast.

came back to the recept and asked another lady there and am gold and she gave me lounge access... no complimentary water in room which I am entitled to, but this was fixed later.

requested for a late check out and was granted until 3 pm.

overall, good service and as a gold was well taken care of.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear KapitanE

Thank yoyu for taking the time to post a comment on the TipAdviser site for our hotel. Please accept my apologies for any lack of service you experienced while staying at the hotel however I note that overall you had an enjoyable stay.

Idaho
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The only reason I can suggest to stay at this hotel is the proximity to Terminal 4 at Heahtrow. The rooms are overpriced, and at 35 pounds, internet and breakfast are outrageous. The room was and adequate Hilton room, and the bathroom was nice. Breakfast was very nice. The walk to LHR was about 8 minutes through the covered portico and walk-way. As a Hilton Honors member, I was once again disappointed with Hilton's airport offering.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear jtimhall

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I was disappointed to read some of your comments.

We are in the process of refurbishing the rooms and I am sure you will notice a difference when next staying with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Sofitel London Heathrow
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!