“Hilton at Heathrow Airport” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersGold level
Jerusalem, Israel
“Hilton at Heathrow Airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Hilton Heathrow Airport in London is very convenient for travelers waiting for airplane connections. We took a room for day use and were extremely pleased both with the room and with the very efficient receptionists.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Mash5

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel and let me also take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

We are very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and welcome the opportunity of you staying again when we can exceed your expectations next time around.

If in the meantime I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help and remain for now with kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Burlington, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed here for one night, as I had a morning flight out of Heathrow the following morning.
The hotel is very convenient if flying out of Terminal 4. It takes about 45 minutes to reach the main areas of London by the tubes (underground), so staying at this hotel before departing London was a very wise choice.

The room itself was sufficient, I was traveling alone and I had enough room to relax as well as space to repack my bags entirely.

I enjoyed an evening meal in one of the restaurants in the lobby, the food was good (slightly expensive) and the server was professional.

My only criticism is the cost for accessing wi-fi internet, and the breakfast. I purchased the package option which included both of these, and I was informed that breakfast began at 5am. I arrived promptly at 5am, only to then learn that the hot buffet items were not available until 6am. Had I known, I would have slept another hour before going downstairs for the breakfast buffet. Most hotels now offer wi-fi as a convenience included with the fare of the room; I do not understand why this one does not follow the same practice.

The fitness center is a bit out of the way, it takes some time to get there from the lifts.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Douglas F

Thank you for posting a comment on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport.

I do apologies for the disappointments you had with regard to the time of breakfast but I am pleased to learn that otherwise you enjoyed your stay.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on : su.mills@hilton.com

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain for now with kind regards.
Grand Rapids, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Overall this hotel was very nice, and the location is great if you have a 1 day layover at LHR. We were just returning from a long trip with very limited internet access, so it was pretty disappointing to find out that we had to pay $20 to use the Wifi. Other than that, everything else was great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Mitchell E

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

Your comments about the charge for wifi in the rooms is noted and I am sure you are aware that wifi is free throughout the public aresas of the hotel.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com
SOUTHAMPTON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

At the end of the day people only stay in Airport hotels for convenience, and this is one of the better hotels.

Staff were polite and efficient, rooms were clean and comfortable.

The hotel bar and restaurants were a little on the pricey side, but then again you are a captive audience.

Does the job.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear brandyboy

Thank you for posting such a positive comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport.

We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one and look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

Su.mills@hilton.com
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed at This hotel in November 2012, prior to our flight to Rome.
A comfortable stay and nice furnished rooms, very comfortable beds. front desk was a bit slow but it was busy. This hotel is ideal though with the covered walkway to the terminal and the hotel arranged for our luggage and us to be transported by buggy directly to our check in.
excellent service.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are the best, extra amenities and larger rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Rockywomble

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed here for one night with my husband. A very clean, modern hotel. Girl on front desk was very polite and helpful.We upgraded to a executive room so we could use the executive lounge. Money well spent. Would certainly stay here again although I did find the beds a little on the hard side. There is a little bit of a trek from the terminal to the hotel but it is all under cover. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If possible up grade to an executive room and ask for view over the airport.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JULIE G

Thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us.

Dartmouth, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

First the good stuff. The staff were very helpful and accommodating (no pun intended) and, as diamond members, we were upgraded to a room we asked for. The staff in the lounge were particularly good and friendly. The small irritants included the fact that they were not able to check up in until nearly 3:30, and forgot to log us in so we needed to make extra efforts to get the internet. Not stuff to keep you up at night. What did keep us up at night however was the faulty air conditioner in the room (remember London when it was in the late 20s early 30c Celsius -- that was the same time). The hotel's answer was to bring us a very small fan. We spent the night sleeping on top of the bed sweltering. That ruined our stay. My scores reflect that fact only!!
Are these typical problems? Well we have had issues with the hotel before and it just seems that when the chips are down they never quite pull off a recovery. Not sure if we will stay again despite the fact that we are often in London.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room, facing the runway.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank kakha
Dear kakha

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel and for leaving positive comments. In terms of the pricing and the not so positive, I appreciate your honesty and kindly assure you that comments will be looked at by colleagues with the view of making changes where possible. With regard to the air conditioning in the guest rooms this was certainly a challenge during the very hot spell at the beginning of the month but this has now been rectified.

Should I be able to help with further specifics, please drop me a line on su.mills@hilton.com, when I will be delighted to investigate and respond further to you.

For now I remain with kind regards and hope to hear from you when the need arises,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Sofitel London Heathrow
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!