“it's a hilton, what can I say...”

Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel before flying home the next day. Our room was small but very pleasant. Paying 15 pounds for 24 hours of wifi seems pretty stiff (and we were on the HIlton Honors floor -- you get it free only if you are at the top level of HH...but it was free with points, so the price was right). My husband really enjoyed the fitness center. Our dinner at the Aromi was very nice, with good service, I thought. Note: it is a loooong walk from Terminal 4!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear doolang

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

The walking time between Terminal 4 and the hotel is approximately 7 minutes however there is a telephone on the pillar at the entrance to the walkway which connects to Concierge at the Hotel. If required the Concierge will drive a buggy up to the terminal to pick guests up and bring them through to the hotel.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain for now with kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (4,077)

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Our group stayed here the night before our departure back to the States. It is an excellent location for anyone leaving from Heathrow terminal 4. Restaurants are good, Service is great. A very helpful friendly staff is always available.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Karen S

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel and let me also take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us.

We are very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and welcome the opportunity of you staying again when we can exceed your expectations next time around.

If in the meantime I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help and remain for now with kind regards

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I was in the Hilton for a business conference and arrived at about 11pm. Although were were only 1 guest before meI had to wait almost 10 minutes to check in and all of a sudden an additional lady came "out of the box" behind the reception. The next day almost the same experience: I waited almost again 10 minutes just to receive my free WiFi code at the reception which they frogot to give me at the reception at check-in.
Room was o.k. and as many here wrote they're a little bit rund down and old fashioned. The AC was quite loud and the walls are quite thin so if your neighbour gets a awake-up call at 5am you will get propably as well...
We ate twice at the Hilton: once on the chinese restaurant where we had dinner. We ordered the menue which was a great choice as we had several courses with different dishes and it was a great fun to share, moreover the food was really good. The other evening we just ordered a classic Hilton Burger. In my opinion: better go to the Burger King in T4, my burger was totally dry, no lettuce no sauces on it and that for 15 pound.
Speaking of food at the Hilton: Breakfast buffet offers a good selection of englisch an continental food, but as so often in my experience the service is lacking. During breakfast at one day nobody cared for me to bring me coffee etc. so I had to organze that by myself and that for almost 200 pounds/night - really disappointing for a Hotel in this category. Maybe they don't care as they have a unique position there.
After having paid my bill at the last day I went to breakfast and there I met "my personal service star": Andrea, the waitress at the breakfast buffet. She was the the only one during my four day stay that truely delivered an exceptional service: very friendly, asking me for coffee, juice, newspaper, coming back, asking if I want more etc. - that's how it should be! Thanks Andrea - you made my day this morning.

Dear Traveller__DE__MUC

Although your scores and comments are self explanatory they advise me you did bring issues to our attention which unfortunately were not fully resolved to your satisfaction when here.

I will pick your comments up with the Front of House team as it appears we have failed on this occasion to provide the service our guesgts should receive when staying at Hilton.

In the meantime, I regret any bad impression and for now, look forward to welcoming you back soon so we can hopefully fully exceed your expectations next time around and again. In the meantime, if I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help and remain for now with kind regards

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Had business at the airport so needed something close. This was a good choice. Nice hotel right at Terminal 4. Came in to Terminal 1 and took train to Terminal 4 and then a short walk through a pedestrian bridge to the hotel. Room was nice, food was good and the front desk personnel were excellent.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear rufref

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Our room was so comfortable and quiet, you would never guess you were next to a huge airport. The lobby is beautiful and staff are helpful and friendly. The breakfast buffet was delicious and also in a beautiful setting. Our flight was from terminal 5 so we took the shuttle there, no problem. I would definitely stay here again.

Dear mns06

Thank you for posting a comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or another stay, please mail me on :- su.mills@hilton.com

With regards and thanks again,

Reviewed July 18, 2013

First time staying at this Hilton hotel. Location is OK, close to the airport. the hotel was quite clean and modern. My room was a bit small and faced the front entrance so I had too much noise to contend with. Lounge staff was excellent and went above and beyond. Same for restaurant staff. However, please stay away from the bar when the gentlemen with a name starting with a "J" is working. Quite rude fellow. The other serving staff were nice and took care of their guests well.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear dragoon2nd

We are very concerned to read your comment regarding a member of staff and your comment has been noted by the Head of Food & Beverage who is investigating the matter and will deal with it internally.

We would welcome the opportunity of you staying again when we can exceed your expectations next time around.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed at one of the rooms that has not yet been renovated and it was indeed in need of a full makeover. The room finishes were run down. The air conditioning system was at the lowest setting yet still not cooling enough. Service at the Oscar's restaurant located in the lobby was too slow and we decided to leave and have breakfast at the airport.

Deaer dete444

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel and for leaving positive comments. In terms of the pricing and the not so positive, I appreciate your honesty and kindly assure you that comments will be looked at by colleagues with the view of making changes where possible. Should I be able to help with further specifics, please drop me a line on su.mills@hilton.com, when I will be delighted to investigate and respond further to you.

For now I remain with kind regards and hope to hear from you when the need arises,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Sofitel London Heathrow
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
2 mi away
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!