“Ok, nothing more”

Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The hotel was ok by airport hotel standards but the room was small, gym was ok but packed.

It was a bit a of pain to get to T4 but I did know that when I go there. No noise from road or aircraft though.

My floor had a mix of smoking and non-smoking rooms and although I was a non-smoking room the corridor had that stale, musty smell of old smoke. I would suggest asking for a room in a non-smoking floor if they have them.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear AGEastLondon

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel and let me also take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us and you comments regarding the smell of smoke in the corridor has been brought to the attention of our Head of Housekeeping so that they can monitor the situation.

If in the meantime I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help and remain for now with kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (4,132)

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I arrived at T5 and there was an easy shuttle that took me directly to the hotel and check in was a breeze. The lobby/restaurant area wide open and nice. I was upgraded to executive room. It was nice, well appointed and clean.

I was somewhat disappointed in the executive lounge. Snacks weren't very good and only offered wine/beer for a few hours along with really average tasting appetizers.

I liked the fact there was a clock by the entrance that noted the time of the next shuttle back to the airport. That takes a lot of anxiety out of it wondering when the next shuttle would arrive.

I would recommend this hotel again. I am heading back to London in June and the only reason I am not staying here again is because I got the T5 Hilton for about £50 cheaper.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear juxta30

Thank you for posting a comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or another stay, please mail me on :- su.mills@hilton.com

With regards and thanks again,

Reviewed May 22, 2013

After a long day of flying, it was a very long walk, followed by inter-terminal tram ride, followed by another long walk to this hotel. Knowing I was scheduled to depart at 7am the next morning, I asked the bell hop or concierge if they provided shuttle service back to terminal 2 in the morning.

The concierge was not very friendly, definitely NOT a people person. He told me that of course there was no shuttle service, as if I should know that. He claimed he could arrange a private car with a charge of 40 pounds sterling. I've never been to a hotel near an airport that didn't provide free transfer to and from the terminals.

We had a fast meal in the Chinese restaurant, Zen. The food was delicious. Just what we needed after a long day. it was very convienient to eat in the hotel, so if your time is short, and you like Chinese food, regardless of pricing, it was delicious.

Our hotel room was only minimally cleaned. I found a bottle cap on the floor, and some scrap paper laying about. Not a very thorough cleaning, which is odd, since I am Hilton Gold. If the club rooms are not kept up, what are the other rooms like?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Corkeydog

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel and for leaving positive comments. In terms of the pricing and the not so positive, I appreciate your honesty and kindly assure you that comments will be looked at by colleagues with the view of making changes where possible. Should I be able to help with further specifics, please drop me a line on su.mills@hilton.com, when I will be delighted to investigate and respond further to you.

For now I remain with kind regards and hope to hear from you when the need arises,

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton as a prep for a flight back to the states and because I needed a venue to conduct several meetings/interviews. This is a pleasant and quiet airport property, especially given that it's so close to the airport. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from Terminal 4 so take this into account if you're carrying luggage. I had a morning flight in Terminal 1 and needed 30 minutes to get there as transport is via the Heathrow Express Underground and there was a 15 minute wait for the train (on Saturday morning). There's a small serviceable gym on site. Nothing special. The Chinese Restaurant on site was surprisingly good. The hotel, restaurant, and services were all higher priced than other more distant options. I guess you pay for location. Would use the Hilton again.

Dear gosaka

Thank you for posting a comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport and I am pleased to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this by answering any specific points raised, or perhaps assistance on a future stay, please mail me on :-
su.mills@hilton.com

With regards and many thanks again,

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. I requested a good room facing the airport in an upper floor, and the hotel confirmed promptly via email in advance that I would get such a good room. It was on the fourth floor. It had a good location close to the terminals. One dissapointment, though, was the the pool was out of order the day I had planned to use it, it would be out of order for two day due to a technical problem. The Aromi restaurant I found a bit overprized for dinner. Otherwise excelent breakfast was included in my room prize. All in all a good option if you want to be close to the airport.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Dear AgS954

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport.

I do apologies for the disappointment you experienced due to the pool being out of use during your stay however I thought you might know that we have refurnished our gym with some of the latest equipment so together with the pool we can offer our guests a good experience in the Livingwell gym.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed overnight at Hilton Heathrow in preference to being in London Town. Location is excellent, a covered walk way from Departure Terminal directly to the hotel and yes you can use an airport trolley for your bags...Hilton staff return them overnight. Room was ok, very clean but NO sheet on the bed....and doona alone becomes far too hot....Fresh milk arrived as requested. Price of food esp dinner are huge ! But the Falafel burger was good, fresh. Took ages to arrive...at least 3/4 hrs or more wait. Apparently food is much cheaper in the terminal.... Drinks rather exorbitant too...£7 for a glass of sherry ??!! That could buy the bottle several times over. Breakfast was ok....but the bacon poor and very salty...not what I expected from a Hilton !! Overall very average and somewhat disappointed for the price.

Room Tip: Room was acceptable and the need to upgrade seemed over the top given the price etc
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear DonandElaine

Thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us.

We are very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and welcome the opportunity of you staying again when we can exceed your expectations next time around.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

This is a spacious hotel, directly connected to Terminal 4. The room we had (on the HHonours floor) was decently sized with a very comfortable bed. Breakfast was excellent with a chef on hand to cook omelettes.

All of the staff were really friendly - often I find that airport hotel staff are less service orientated due to the transient and infrequency of return visits. Not in this Hilton though.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Alwaystravels1

Thank you for posting such a positive comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport.

We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one and look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

Su.mills@hilton.com