“Can't beat it!”

Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersGold level
“Can't beat it!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a hotel at Heathrow then it's because you are either arriving late or departing early from the airport.

Quite simply, stay here.

Yes, it is maybe a little pricey (for rooms, food, etc...) but the convenience CAN'T be beaten.... if you flying from Terminal 4. It is a five minute walk from the check in counters inside terminal 4. What can be better than that?!

Staff were super polite and helpful, the concierge couldn't do enough for us and bar staff were good.

Rooms are standard. Clean, new, just what you expect from a hotel that is for function rather than luxury.

Will be staying here again when we fly from terminal 4 again this summer.

• Stayed January 2013
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear AlistairDowns

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain for now with kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (613)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2013

DB&B plus park and ride for holiday. Upgraded room due to my son's status with Hilton Hotels, which he uses often, so I can't comment on the other rooms. Sound-proofing excellent. Set menu for the DB&B rate was good, with enough choice to suit us. Breakfast was excellent. Downside was the bar area. We waited a long time in the afternoon for service as there was only one member of staff working across both the lounge bar and the coffee shop. Not good service at those prices. Although we are not used to London prices, we thought the drinks were extortionate. However, we would use this hotel again if flying from Terminal 4 as all staff were friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear residentemmett

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I was disappointed to read you that you had poor service at the bar.

I do apologies for these disappointments which have been noted and this is something we will look into. Also your comments regarding the charges for food. We do try to keep our prices in line with the other hotels in the Heathrow area and constantly review the tarriff.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com
Weston, Connecticut
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Arriving later in the evening,
We finally arrived at terminal 4
Room was small, odd thing occurred
While showering found empty shampoo and others empty.
Wish we would have been given better information on our departure information!
Had to wait 30 minutes for the train
Very far walk
Disappointed with this location! And Service provided

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank chrisreilly
Dear chrisreilly

Thank you for posting a comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport and so I can look into this in more depth, your time permitting, would you kindly advise me of your date of stay and room number if indeed you can recall it.

To ensure your message reaches me, can you kindly respond on :- su.mills@hilton.com

I thank you in advance and in the meantime, I wish you a pleasant evening with kind regards
Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had an early morning flight out from Heathrow and would need to leave south London before the tube was running. As I already had a return Heathrow Express ticket from Paddington, I decided it would be easiest to go to Heathrow the night before my flight. I had tried Yotel on a previous visit but found out too late that it wasn't located near Terminal 4 and ended up getting only a couple of hours' sleep before I had to get up to board the transfer bus. So this time I took my friend's advice and booked the Hilton at Terminal 4. The hotel connects to the terminal by a long bridge/tunnel, which takes about five minutes to walk. The Hilton itself is classy and comfortable, and the room just couldn't have been nicer. I enjoyed a restful night's sleep and had an easy walk directly to the terminal in the morning, arriving at the baggage drop for my airline in about eight minutes. I'll definitely do this again in the future, as it saved me having to get up super-early to grab a transfer shuttle to get to my flight. Thanks, Hilton!

Room Tip: If you've got an early morning flight, ask for a room on the ground floor behind reception, as i...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JennieCSA
Dear J C

Thank you so much for your lovely comment on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

Su.mills@hilton.com
England
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This hotel is very convenient not only for Terminal 4 but for all other Terminals given the links provided by the Hotel itself and the Heathrow Express links to T1 and T3. The leisure facilities are unrivalled by any other Heathrow Hotel but beware of an unpublicised rule that prohibits kids from using the pool after a certain hour even if supervised.

Rooms were clean and the Exec Lounge was large and well equipped. On site food and beverage is prohibitively expensive but with an Airport Terminal a short walk away there are plenty of alternative options.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms on the right hand wing afford decent views of the airport whilst lower floors are...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank seawind10
Dear seawind10

Thank you for posting such a positive comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport.

We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one and look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

Su.mills@hilton.com
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed briefly before a very early morning flight from Terminal 4. The location could not have been better, the hotel is connected to Terminal 4 via a covered walkway and takes 5-10 minutes from the Hotel reception to the airport check-in. The room was very clean and comfortable, the staff friendly and the breakfast better than most. However, this is a Hilton, connected to an airport, aimed very much at business travelers but it does not have free WiFi in the rooms (there is patchy free WiFi in the reception area). For the type and cost of the hotel, free in-room WiFi should be a given.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PJice9
Dear PJice9

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel and for leaving positive comments. In terms of the pricing and the not so positive, I appreciate your honesty and kindly assure you that comments will be looked at by colleagues with the view of making changes where possible.

We have just completed a full upgrade on our wifi in the hotel and the reception is now excellent. Should I be able to help with further specifics, please drop me a line on su.mills@hilton.com, when I will be delighted to investigate and respond further to you.

For now I remain with kind regards and hope to hear from you when the need arises,
Endless Mountains, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We arrived in Heathrow at Terminal 3. Took the Free Heathrow Express to Terminal 4. The Hilton has a walkway that connects to terminal 4. Very easy and not confusing which is what you need after a long flight. Our brief walk lead us right into the Hilton. Beautiful Lobby, Friendly staff and very nice Executive Lounge.
This Hilton is old but clean and well kept. We were able to check in and by 7am we were in our room. We took a brief nap and once again walked into Terminal 4 and took the Undergroung into Central London. Went to see Les Mes had dinner and right back to the Hilton. Next day took the underground to St Pances (Euro Station) and took the train to Paris. Found this Hotel to be the Best for our needs and very easy to get around from Heathrow and to Central London.

Room Tip: Great Hotel traveling to and from Heathrow and Central london.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear dreammj

Thank you for posting a comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport and I am pleased to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this by answering any specific points raised, or perhaps assistance on a future stay, please mail me on :-
su.mills@hilton.com

With regards and many thanks again,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Sofitel London Heathrow
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!