“Comfortable but Pricey” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Dayton, Ohio
“Comfortable but Pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I had a long layover and decided to take a night at the Hilton. I arrived in T3 and took the 5-minute underground ride to T4. The T4 Hilton is an easy walk from the terminal. Look for the signs on where to go (from the underground, take the lift to departures and turn right. Walk the corridor for 5 minutes and you're at the Hilton).

The room was comfortable and clean. I thought everything was quite average, but the price seemed a little steep for what it offered. Also, VERY pricey internet. They are making a killing off that alone.

The food in the restaurant was delicious and the wait staff was very pleasant.

Many airport hotels offer free shuttles, but I was charged £15 (cash; £20 for credit) for a taxi since it was too early for an underground shuttle back to T3. That was disappointing.

Overall, it was a comfortable room and pleasant stay and very convenient for early morning flights.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kelly W
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Kelly W

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion and it is unfortunate that you feel we are a little expensive. We do try to keep in line both in accommodation and food & beverages with the other hotels in the Heathrow area.

Should you wish to comment further please contact me, my email address is:- su.mills@hilton.com and for now I remain with kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Midlothian, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

My family ad I stayed here after we arrived from the US on a 10:30 flight and then the following weekend before we travelled back to the states. The staff was nice enough to make sure we had a room that viewed the planes taking off. We requested this view for all the nights we stayed since we really enjoy watching planes taking off...what a show! We stayed on the Executive Lounge level, and while the rooms were small, they were very nicely decorated. The Exec Lounge is very nice and had an adequate assortment of beverages but not much for people,that like diet drinks. They just had Diet Coke. That got old after a few days. The Hilton London Tower Bridge had an awesome selection of snacks and beverages, while this location was very limited. Perhaps Hilton thinks most people are stuck here anyway so they don't try to attract people with too much choice. The service staff was pleasant enough but not very friendly. I find that half the people that work with the public smile here in England and the other half are very transactional and aloof. It's much different n the United States. Anyway, the Hilton had great access to the Heathrow Connect and Express so it was easy to get to the other terminals and into London. I would definitely stay here again when I need a hotel for transitioning into a vacation or leaving my vacation and heading home. Oh...one more thing-I liked that they had various outlets for people traveling from different countries...nice touch!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jenninva1967

Thank you for posting a comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport and I am pleased to learn that overall you and your family enjoyed your stay.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this by answering any specific points raised, or perhaps assistance on a future stay, please mail me on :-
su.mills@hilton.com

With regards and many thanks again,
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Can I help... Name? When are you leaving are the first sentences spoken as we entered the London Hilton at Heathrow Airport T4

The cold unwelcoming receptionist should have alerted me to what was to be the level of experience for the rest of my stay.

Check in was a cold process driven experience that lacked warmth and hospitality. The room allocated had the worlds smallest double bed and was disappointing. Had I not been a diamond HHonors member and given this as a complementary upgrade I'd have been left speechless and unhappy.

The executive was horrific. Cold dirty and poorly maintained. The two members of staff at sat writing out the welcome cards with a guest discussing who was arriving.

Breakfast was a total disgrace. Don't eat there! I had cereal my partner toast which we found out on check out that they charged £25 for because we hadn't taken breakfast in the lounge! Even though nobody told us of the charge.

We only stayed here for one night to catch an early flight. If you are needing to stay to catch an early flight try another hotel this one is out to make as much money from you as it can.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Whiteapple16
Dear Whiteapple16

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to read your review. Would you mind dropping me an email providing your name and date of you stay. I really would like to look into your comments and provide feedback to our members of staff so that they can understand the impact of their actions on our guests.

My email address is su.mills@hilton.com.

I do hope you have time to contact me.

Kind regards
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed at the property on business one night. The room was fine, although not the most modern bathroom, and the service overall was ok, even though there was a long queue at reception and only two people on duty, one of which mostly on the phone. I would suggest quick check out in the morning or you may miss your flight. We ate at the Asian restaurant and had a Chinese banquet for which we paid nearly three times what I would have paid in a good Chinese restaurant in London. The food was very good, however, and so was the service, but still I really think it was well overpriced. Bar prices were also high, but within the norm for a good airport hotel in the UK.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

I reviewed this hotel in December 2012 and had issues with the soundproofing in my room. This time I was in an Executive room and there were no issues. The only negative was that I had an early flight out of T1 and it was too early for the shuttle or Heathrow Express so I had to pay £15 for a taxi. Not the hotels fault. Just an FYI. I'm not sure what they do with credit card holds but my bill was payed by a corporate account. They put 2 separate holds on my personal cc for incidentals (about £110 total for 1 night) and then charged my card £14 or whatever the Internet fee was. I did not eat at the hotel this time. I walked over to T4 and ate at Windsor Castle pub.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Pistolpjh

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com

Warragul, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We wanted to avoid getting uo at 4am to get to Heathrow for an early international flight. Flying from Terminal 4 suggested that the Hilton was a good place being a 6 minute walk to the terminal. Pleasantly surprised with the whole hotel and the relatives who dropped us off didn't pay to park as they stayed less than 1/2 hour. Minor gripe, one of our rooms was at the end of a corridor and needed ab electric heater to keep the room warm as the A/C struggled.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Evo58
Dear Evo58

Thank you for posting a comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport and I am pleased to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay. Please accept my apologies for the temperature in your room, which as you say was probably due to its location. We do try to make our guests as comfortable as they would like and do hope that we managed to do this.

su.mills@hilton.com

With regards and many thanks again,
Sheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Had an overnight stay here in January. Caught the free shuttle bus which dropped us off at the door. Stayed in a standard room which had all of the amenities expected of a four star. Comfortable bed meant a great nights sleep. Linked by a walkway to the terminal (4) which was handy as it was raining! Only negative was that the food was very expensive in the hotel restaurants.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear MM26

From your comments I understand you felt the prices in the restaurants were a bit expensive. We do try to keep in line with the other hotels in the Heathrow area.

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain for now with kind regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Sofitel London Heathrow
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!