“Not very impressive”

Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Great location for terminal four. Clean but small twin room. Got a good advance rate but would have been very disappointed if I had paid full rate. Next time I will go back to the premier inn which has a restaurant with a much large choice at a lower price.

• Stayed: March 2013
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Rowland K

Thank you for posting a comment on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel. which we use to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us.

It is always concerning to hear from guests who have left the hotel less than satisfied, and I am sorry that we appear to have let you down.

Your time permitting, please let me know when you next intend in the area, I can be contacted on su.mills@hilton.com and hopefully, given the chance we will show you we can do much better.

In the interim, please let me know if there is anything further I can assist you with and until I hear from you, I remain with kind regards.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,171)

Reviewed March 12, 2013

You will sadly be shocked and disappointed by the accommodation. Fact is clear; this is the perfect location for an overnight prior to flight out of T4, 100%, no brainer. BUT....
The rooms are like a time-warp disaster from the early nineties, tired and tatty at that. And we took a room on the so-called ‘Executive Floor’!! Do not [not] be fooled by their photography, the rooms are small + cramped. The restaurant food is very average [soup was the only exception] and not worth the price tag, however you do become a bit of a ‘captive audience’ in the eating stakes when you find yourself over-nighting at an airport! Then there is the ‘on site’ inclusive parking....in reality it is in fact a scruffy little open-air car park which is over the road and down a staircase, so you really need to be savvy on arrival and departure, make sure that you drop your party at the hotel entrance WITH all luggage prior to going ‘round the block [back onto main roads] and then back in to the car park slip road, DO NOT make the mistake of going into the car park with a boot full of luggage to struggle up the small spiral staircase with!
In summary? A perfect location for an overnight prior to flight out of T4.....but don’t expect to be comfortable or impressed with the room and restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Dennis B

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I was disappointed to read you that you had a poor experience with us.

I do apologies for these disappointments, your comments regarding the condition of the rooms is noted and we are currently refurbishing our bedrooms. The car park is managed by another company and we have taken your comments on board.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Easily located five minutes walk by covered walkway from Terminal 4, this was the original prestige Hilton at Heathrow with close links to British Airways. But after BA moved from T4 to its new home at T5, the hotel has lost some of its glamour. It provides a free shuttle service every 30 minutes to T5 to maintain the links with BA, making it a competitor to the newer Hilton T5 (which is nicer and more modern), but T4 is principally the home for SkyTeam, making it a great destination if you're flying with one of their member airlines. The rooms are surprisingly small, even on the Executive Floor, with no bathtub - you have to make do with a "wet room-style" shower. Despite this, they are comfortable and well insulated, even if your room faces the airfield. The hotel has a dedicated Executive Lounge, located not on the Executive Floor, but five floors below next to the front door. It's of reasonable size, but gets very busy at meal times as everyone munches on the freebie food and drink. You're also expected to eat your Breakfast in here - you'll pay a supplement to eat the breakfast in the main restaurant. Yes the rooms are small, but the beds are supremely comfortable, so a good nights sleep is guaranteed. Food, like all hotels in the UK, continues to attract ridiculous prices, which may explain the rush in the Executive Lounge, but there are often good room rates to be had via Hilton.com which are better than the Budget Hotels littered along the Bath Road. I've stayed here several times and find the experience overall to be positive.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Craig W

Thank you for posting a comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or another stay, please mail me on :- su.mills@hilton.com

With regards and thanks again,

Reviewed March 10, 2013

The main attraction is convenience. Even if you don't use Terminal 4, there is a free shuttle bus from Terminal 5 which runs every 30 minutes and takes fifteen minutes, while there is a free ride on the train from the other terminals. You pay a great deal for the convenience, as this is far from being the last word in luxury, and all the extras are very expensive. As a Hilton HHonors member I used at least to be upgraded to the Executive floor, and so able to use the lounge for a free breakfast, but this last time I was not only not upgraded, but I received no recognition for status, or mention of it in fact. I have watched the lounge deteriorate over the past few years - from a warm and welcoming place with a variety of beverages open to 10pm, it has become a place with a few free beers, which they lock up in the early evening. This kind of penny-pinching is not a wise strategy, especially as ever since BA moved from Terminal 4 to 5, this hotel's convenience has been eclipsed by others more conveniently located for most travellers. I regret to say, as a regular user of Hilton hotels, that I am staying more and more at Sofitel at Terminal 5, which beats usually this hotel on quality and price, and of course convenience.

Room Tip: Beg to be upgraded if you are Hilton Honors. Otherwise it is really not a good deal.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank geoffrey100

Dear geoffrey100

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel and for leaving positive comments. In terms of the pricing and the not so positive, I appreciate your honesty and kindly assure you that comments will be looked at by colleagues with the view of making changes where possible. Should I be able to help with further specifics, please drop me a line on su.mills@hilton.com, when I will be delighted to investigate and respond further to you.

For now I remain with kind regards and hope to hear from you when the need arises,

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have stayed here 3 times in the past 3 years and a good few times prior to that. I always book a room here when flying out of Heathrow, mostly due to the hotel being attached to Terminal 4, so no need to a shuttle or taxi ride to get there. The walkway is fairly long, so be prepared for about a 6 minute walk from the Terminal.

The hotel itself, is a good base for an overnight stay. The rooms offer everything you need to make a great start to a trip away. I usually book an executive room to benefit from the executive lounge. This is located across from reception, (previously it was on a higher floor) and the reception level lounge is a big improvement.

Everytime I have arrived at check in, I've been greeted with a warm welcome and smile and with a quick and straightforward check in.

There is a great lobby bar in the atrium, it's spacious and there's a costa too if you need a coffee fix.

The rooms are pleasant and comfortable and to be honest, what you would expect from an airport hotel.

I will be staying here again this next month prior to heading off to celebrate my 40th birthday in New York.

If your looking for a convenient hotel that's attached to the terminal then you can't can't go wrong staying here.

Looking forward to staying again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank KyleGuernsey

Dear KyleGuernsey

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel and let me also take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

We look forward to having you and your family stay with us again shortly and be assured we will make your stay enjoyable.

Kind regards

Reviewed March 9, 2013

When I booked this hotel I understood it was in Terminal 4. My husband and I were arriving late Saturday night from Cardiff and had a very early flight the next day so we wanted to stay in a hotel AT the airport.
Well, even though the hotel advertises as being in Terminal 4, it is not.
For me, a hotel at a Terminal is one that you arrive within the terminal, opening a door or through a passageway walk of 1 or 2 minutes at the most and then you are in the hotel.
Not the case. We arrived at Heathrow Terminal 4 and we see the door to the hotel. Finally we are here I thought! Wrong!! The door takes you to a 6 minute walkway. We were tired, pushing the carts with our luggage; we were cold, the walkway was even colder. And, on top of everything, when you get to the hotel you actually have to walk OUTSIDE before entering the lobby. Suffice it to say that I woke up the next day with a terrible cold which lasted a week.
The information about this hotel is misguiding. They should NOT be allowed to advertise as a hotel at the Terminal. If I had had acurrate information I might have stayed at this hotel but maybe would have taken a shuttle or even a taxi from Terminal 4.
Also, the rate for WIFI is outrageous: 15 pounds a day. It makes you wonder if Hilton's business is the hotel or providing WIFI.
I have to say though, that the ZEN restaurant, this one actually at the hotel, is great!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lal6

Dear Lal6

Thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us. You will note fromour web site that it states " the only London Heathrow Airport hotel offering direct access to Heathrow Airport Terminal 4 via a covered walkway." Please accept our apologies if you found this misleading as I am sure you will understand that we would not be permitted to have a large hotel within the terminal itself.

We are very pleased to see you enjoyed your dinner at Zens and welcome the opportunity of you staying again when we can exceed your expectations next time around.

If in the meantime I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help and remain for now with kind regards

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed here 6 times the last year, and it looks like housekeeping is cleaning the rooms for real
No more black spots in the bathroom and the towels don't smel any more.....thums up
For the rest the hotel dated ....the writing desk is wobbly, the furniture has seen better days.....and don't look at the ceiling ......you did didn't you........are spiders living in there?

Atrium is great and restaurant are good, go and do the breakfast buffet

So all in all a great stop if you had a long flight .the hotel is on the airport and connected to terminal 4

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear plGouda

We are very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and welcome the opportunity of you staying again when we can exceed your expectations next time around.