“Do not be fooled! It is NOT in Terminal 4!!!!”

Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 9, 2013

When I booked this hotel I understood it was in Terminal 4. My husband and I were arriving late Saturday night from Cardiff and had a very early flight the next day so we wanted to stay in a hotel AT the airport.
Well, even though the hotel advertises as being in Terminal 4, it is not.
For me, a hotel at a Terminal is one that you arrive within the terminal, opening a door or through a passageway walk of 1 or 2 minutes at the most and then you are in the hotel.
Not the case. We arrived at Heathrow Terminal 4 and we see the door to the hotel. Finally we are here I thought! Wrong!! The door takes you to a 6 minute walkway. We were tired, pushing the carts with our luggage; we were cold, the walkway was even colder. And, on top of everything, when you get to the hotel you actually have to walk OUTSIDE before entering the lobby. Suffice it to say that I woke up the next day with a terrible cold which lasted a week.
The information about this hotel is misguiding. They should NOT be allowed to advertise as a hotel at the Terminal. If I had had acurrate information I might have stayed at this hotel but maybe would have taken a shuttle or even a taxi from Terminal 4.
Also, the rate for WIFI is outrageous: 15 pounds a day. It makes you wonder if Hilton's business is the hotel or providing WIFI.
I have to say though, that the ZEN restaurant, this one actually at the hotel, is great!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lal6
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Lal6

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel and let me also take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us. You will note fromour web site that it states " the only London Heathrow Airport hotel offering direct access to Heathrow Airport Terminal 4 via a covered walkway." Please accept our apologies if you found this misleading as I am sure you will understand that we would not be permitted to have a large hotel within the terminal itself.

We are very pleased to see you enjoyed your dinner at Zens and welcome the opportunity of you staying again when we can exceed your expectations next time around.

If in the meantime I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help and remain for now with kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (4,076)

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed here 6 times the last year, and it looks like housekeeping is cleaning the rooms for real
No more black spots in the bathroom and the towels don't smel any more.....thums up
For the rest the hotel dated ....the writing desk is wobbly, the furniture has seen better days.....and don't look at the ceiling ......you did didn't you........are spiders living in there?

Atrium is great and restaurant are good, go and do the breakfast buffet

So all in all a great stop if you had a long flight .the hotel is on the airport and connected to terminal 4

Dear plGouda

We are very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and welcome the opportunity of you staying again when we can exceed your expectations next time around.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Your typical airport hotel, with decent food, small but acceptable rooms and awesome location - 6 min walk from Terminal 4.

Drawbacks: slow shuttle pickup from other terminals. They say every 30 min but it was more than 45 minutes in my case.

Internet is not free.

Dear DallasJack

Thank you for posting a comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport and I am pleased to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this by answering any specific points raised, particularly regarding the transport between terminals or perhaps assistance on a future stay, please mail me on :- su.mills@hilton.com

With regards and many thanks again,

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for 3-5 days for business reasons on 3 occasions over the last 3 years. Always good, I think it has got even better.
The hotel is not cheap but it is very convenient with a covered walkway directly from Terminal 4. I have directed an international course here 3 times and the hotel staff have been extremely helpful dealing with many complex issues we have setting up a technically complex program.
The rooms are standard with adequate space etc - but you don't stay here "for the view". The hotel is very modern with a large atrium style centre and it is well designed and most appealing. There are 3 places to eat - the bar, Aromi Restaurant (international cuisine), and Zen Restaurant. None of the food is cheap but I have found the food to be consistently good or excellent - Zen is very good indeed. The bar and restaurant staff were so pleasant and accommodating. I haven't used the room service. Pool is quite good ~ 12 metres long - good enough for me anyway, and there is a decent exercise gym.
Wifi is available of course but we found the signal was patchy in different parts of the hotel. The meeting rooms are excellent. I have always found the staff helpful but this time the concierge went "above and beyond" to help me with a minor personal issue - Stefan, thank you very much indeed!

1  Thank RGWL

Dear RGWL

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us. I have forwarded your comment to our Concierge team, thank you.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain for now with kind regards

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I wanted to stay close to the airport with a 12 hour layover and this hotel fit the bill. A friend of mine arrived on the same flight and he was comped a night at the Sofitel which is also attached to the airport and we walked him to the check in gate. I will stay there next time but the Hilton is nice too. I just wish the pound had tanked before our arrival instead of after we left. But that's how it goes, the design of the Hilton is very pleasant and the staff are friendly. Ate at the Italian restaurant which has some decent food.

Room Tip: I asked for a view room but didn't see much from the window.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear Mito B

Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was my first trip to London .Arrived on a early flight was able to check in early. This was a added bonus since my reservation said check-in was late. I was there for 2 weeks and the staff provided excellent service, very helpful..Excellent customer service. Great location....would recommend hotel to others..

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice..one view is lobby area... Other view was street view...any room would be a g...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Rachel1965jones

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on TripAdvisor. We certainly enjoyed having you stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again one day soon.

Su Mills

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed at T4 Hilton on Saturday night whilst on a brief visit to relatives in the area. Have to say a big thanks to the check in staff - I had mistakenly booked the Hilton at T5, but check in staff phoned the other hotel to cancel the original booking and booked us into T4 instead, all without fuss.

Had a room on HHonors floor (2nd floor) overlooking the atrium - all very clean and well equipped. Was impressed at how quiet the room was.

We had a meal in the Zen Oriental restaurant on Saturday evening. It was quite pricey but the food was excellent and the service outstanding and we enjoyed the quiet ambience.

Breakfast is expensive if not included in the room rate, but again we thought the quality and choice was good, and we were happy with the service.

All in all a good stay and would use this hotel again. Although we weren't flying, my husband has stayed here whilst on flights from T4 and it is indeed very convenient for the terminal.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear SARA43

I am pleased we were able to accommodate you and thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor.

We are rather proud of our Zen's restaurant and many people use it for special occasions and business dinners.

Perhaps we will have the opportunity of welcoming you and your husband to stay with us again one day.

Kind regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Sofitel London Heathrow
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
2 mi away
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!