“Good hotel let down by high cost food and drink”

Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Very happy with accommodation and cost. Horrified by Dancer's bar food, cost and poor service. it took 3/4 of an hour for two servings of Gammon, chips and tomato to appear. When they did appear the tomatoes were missing. The cost was high - £18.00 each servingl, Pint lager £5.00 and a bottle Pinoo Grigio £26.00. To add insult to injury a 12.5% service charge was added to the total. Next time it will be Cafe Rouge landside at Terminal 4!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Denis B
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Deaer Denis B

From your comments I understand that food preparation for you was disappointing, as well as the price of drinks at the bar. Whilst we endeavour to keep our costs in line with the other hotels near Heathrow airport I do apologise for any lack of service you received during your stay with us.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain for now with kind regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (4,173)

Reviewed February 26, 2013

The hotel was immaculate. Our room was large and comfortable. The staff was exceptional! We stayed here after spending ten days in London with family. The proximity to the airport (Terminal 4) is perfect for an early morning flight. We would definitely stay here again and recommend this property.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sherri T

Thanks for a great review. We were pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and cannot wait to welcome you back soon.

Su Mills

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was here for a 3 days biz conference downstairs. Actually i liked this place quite a lot. Room spaceous, clean, comfy (no aircraft noise whatsoever). Staff helpful and very polite. Food was pretty good (lunch and breakfast). Fortunately car parking was gratis as part of my conference, otherwise £33 24hrs! WiFi was free as part of the conference too, but the signal wasnt strong enough when back in the bedroom. Checkout was quick and easy. I'd stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear bojangles

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

For context, i am writing this as a Hilton gold card holder who has stayed regularly at central London doubletree & hilton hotels.

The smart exterior belies a jaded and dated hotel which I felt might have been more akin to the 1980s. Check in can take 10-15 mins ar a busy time. The hhonors floor rooms were ok, just nothing special. The bathrooms needed refurbishment and the decor was bland.

The one saving grace was the lack of noise, though in terms of sleep quality the mattresses were only so-so. Breakfast was also good.

I guess hilton can get away with a mediocre hotel at heathrow because demand is likely to be high regardless of quality. In my opinion it is so much poorer than the Hilton London Bridge or Doubletree Westminster for example

If you have hhonors gold make sure you ask for a free breakfast, wifi and drink at the bar as none of it is volunteered.

All in all a disappointment and surely a slight embarrassment for the brand at one of the world's busiest airports. If the price is similar choose the Sofitel at T5 as in my opinion there is just no comparison.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Sofarsogood2

Thank you for posting a comment on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel.

As thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us. We have now embarked upon a refurbishment programme for the hotel and whilst this will take some time in order not to inconvenience our guests we do hope you eill enjoy your next stay with us.

I thank you in advance and should there be any further comment you would like to share, I would be more than happy to hear from you and remain for now with kind regards

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Another great stay at this Hilton. When flying in or out of Heathrow and staying the night this hotel is sooo convenient. Staff is friendly and available even late at night or early in the morning. Restaurants are good. Check in and check out goes quickly. Have computers available for flight check-in. Quick 10 minute walk through the enclosed skyway from Terminal 4 (United Airlines utilizes this terminal).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Houstonian2011
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Houstonian2011

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We did a tour of England stayed with my Family and Hilton Hotels! The Airport Hilton was by far the Best. It helped being a Hilton Honors Diamond Member with an upgraded room and Access to the Executive Lounge of which Stephen, was an excellent concierge and made us feel very comfortable, relaxed and at Home. Though pricey - what isn't in London!- I found the room comfortable, the Staff excellent and no Bed-bugs according to another review - although we have been hit with them elsewhere. The atmosphere etc was as expected for an International Airport Hotel.
A big plus is you can walk to Terminal 4, and they have a shuttle to Terminal 5. It is a BIG airport as I found out trying to return my Rental Car even with GPS on the other side of the road!
The food was excellent, nice bar, excellent executive lounge (thanks to Stephen) and the Asian restaurant, in which my wife and I entertained my Brother and his Wife, was spectacular, service awesome, food as good if not better than Hong Kong, Toronto or San Francisco. One of the Best Chinese Meals I have had in a long time, cannot say enough about it. The Chef and Service were awesome and yes you paid for what you got!
The Adventure was, as i tried to open my Hotel door - the fire Alarm went Off ( Never happened in all my years of travelling) , very orderly the entire Hotel emptied into the parking Lot, very well conducted, although I felt sorry for the poor soul in 2 Bath Towels. As London is a very International place, it may well have been a regular test. The Security arrived within minutes and we were back very shortly and not overly upset considering where we were.
Overall I give the Hotel a 5 and definitely would stay again, if for no other reason, the Chinese Food.
As always Travelling, it helps if you are a Hotel Frequent Flyer, being a Diamond Hilton Honors Member certainly seems to Help. The rest of England is somewhat a different story with more to Follow on our England Trip!!!! But stay at the Airport Hilton if it fits your travel plans, we easily traveled to Downtown London on the Tube, walking to Terminal 4, and without the big expense of Downtown Hotels.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Charles S

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel and let me also take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us.

We are very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and welcome the opportunity of you staying again, If in the meantime I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help and remain for now with kind regards

su.mills@hilton.com

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on February 23rd and were uncomfortable all night - felt like we were getting bitten. There were bed bugs! In addition to being totally grossed-out, we were shocked that when we alerted the front desk, they did not appear to be shocked and offered us a 50 percent discount on the room!

Needless to say, I was shocked by the response. We had to head to get our plane and still haven't heard back as to what they are going to in terms of charging for the room. This Hilton isn't inexpensive and I expect Hilton facilities and staff to be top notch. There were several options that were less expensive but I was concerned about cleanliness. As a long-time Hilton Honors member, I also expected staff to be more responsive.

To make matters worse, I had to leave my silk night gown and robe there because it might have bed bugs on it and I was concerned about bringing them home. Yuck!!!! I have been itching all day.

A word of advice---find another hotel near the airport.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PAH60
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear PAH60

I am responding to your comment on TripAdvisor. As you know we did address the situation when you were at the hotel and indeed advised that we would make a thorough investigation. Our Front of House Manager has written to you separately by email explaining our findings and I do hope that you receive this shortly.

As explained we take all such comments from our guests very seriously and immediately removed the room from sale. We called Rentokill in to inspect the room and the clothing left and they found no evidence of bed bugs and declared the room fit for use.

We have however discounted your room and trust that you will be satisfied with the findings.

Su Mills